PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have reccomendations?

http://www.freedrinkingwater.com/ro-45-detail.htm

with the UV kit also

Premium whole house water filter housing, Big Clear Type

Whole house water filters- BB high flow carbon filter

We have been getting some new appliances lately and were on well water. I still need to replumb the house it has the 60 yr old galvanized pipe in it. hopefully im gonna pull that off this summer. At least our house is easy just 1 bathroom kitchen and laundry

Just too many things on the filters to think about. Our water is a bit hard but I hate softened water, our inlaws have it and the salt is a hassle, and the saltless systems are HIGH dollar!!

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
reverse osmosis has to clean it self like the water softner, and will add some water to your septic system- I didn't want to add more water to my septic so right now I have a water softener, whole house filter, and a drinking water filter and spigot at the kitchen sink. the softener went bad and not having the softener, the whole house filter plugged up in 2 days!- we have awesome well water!!!.

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
our well water is pretty good i drink it right out of the tap, but just want to have that little better filtration and safety for the littun. I dont have to worry about adding water to the septic we have an aerobic system

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
I bought high capacity housings .( 45- 50 gpm 1" in & out , 20" cartridges ) 3 housings , 1 sediment filter , 1 taste and smell , 1 iron . No smell , iron , taste complaints at all . I'll post a pic of how i set them up when i get a chance .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts