Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody, I recently picked up a 1997 F250HD ext cab short bed e4od. I bought it knowing it needed some little things, including random burnt out bulbs around the truck.

When I got it, the passenger reverse light wouldn't work. I changed both bulbs. Drivers bulb works great, passengers bulb still does not illuminate in reverse. However, when I shift from reverse to park, the bulb flashes for an instant, so I know the issue isn't the bulb itself.

Any indication as to what this might be? How can I fix er up?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
That's bizarre. There's only one wire going back from the switch to the back of the truck. It splits to the two bulb sockets back at the rear light harness. Hard to imagine how the switch is causing the one light to flash on momentarily like that.

·
Registered
140 Posts
could be the mslp sensor, its basically the neutral safety switch and its mounted on the driver side of the transmission. It has alignment dashes on it and you can undo the two bolts and slightly adjust it til the lights do come on.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
What's strange is that you have an E4OD, when that cab/bed configuration was only available with the 5-speed. This makes me think a prior owner did a swap, which could indicate some mis-wiring.

Just to be sure, you mean extended cab with only two doors, right?

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
could be the mslp sensor, its basically the neutral safety switch and its mounted on the driver side of the transmission. It has alignment dashes on it and you can undo the two bolts and slightly adjust it til the lights do come on.
But that switch has only one pair of contacts for the reverse lights. Only one wire going back from that switch to the bed. It can't possibly energize only one side at a time. But that's assuming it's stock. As said above, it sounds like this truck has been fabbed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts