Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I was approached by REV-X to become a potential buyer. I think that it is a going to be a great line to add to our stock, however I want to know what you all think. YOUR input would be very much appreciated! I would like to hear from customers that already use it and from potential buyers as to why or why not to participate in this product line.

Thanks Guys!!!
Nate

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I love the stuff... I use it in everything ... Its a bit pricey, I wish they sold it in larger quantities so it could help get the cost down

·
<-Dang Orders...EGR WHAT?
115 Posts
I love the stuff... I use it in everything ... Its a bit pricey, I wish they sold it in larger quantities so it could help get the cost down
Not a bad idea, back around my last oil change I searched for a day and everyone had just about the same price. Not enought difference to be picky who you buy it from unless your loyal to seller.

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
I just bought some, so far i like it and will buy more in the future.

I

·
0 Posts
Anyone else have anything to add?

If I had sticking problems I would try it... I have never used it but I have read positive things about it.. It is pretty expensive stuff to add to the allready high cost of a 15 quart oil change..

·
Sponsor
1,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If I had sticking problems I would try it... I have never used it but I have read positive things about it.. It is pretty expensive stuff to add to the allready high cost of a 15 quart oil change..
That is why I am trying to find out how much interest there is. Everyone I talk to locally doesn't like the price of an oil change now. Let alone adding another $70.00 to it.

We use Motorcraft 10w30 Superduty Diesel Oil, and have never had a problem with injectors sticking once we change over from 15w40 to 10w30. However There are some guys that you cant convince to change to 10w30, and those seem to be the guys with sticking issues.

I realize there are many other benefits to using REV-X, as do many others, however I just am curious what the demand for this product is. Especially from the guys on this forum. You guys always help to decide the products that we sell.

I

·
0 Posts
That is why I am trying to find out how much interest there is. Everyone I talk to locally doesn't like the price of an oil change now. Let alone adding another $70.00 to it.

We use Motorcraft 10w30 Superduty Diesel Oil, and have never had a problem with injectors sticking once we change over from 15w40 to 10w30. However There are some guys that you cant convince to change to 10w30, and those seem to be the guys with sticking issues.

I realize there are many other benefits to using REV-X, as do many others, however I just am curious what the demand for this product is. Especially from the guys on this forum. You guys always help to decide the products that we sell.
I use the Motorcraft 10W30 as well and the 15W40 in the summer.. My 03 6.0 runs better than some newer trucks.. The HD 10W30 is the way to go if you change it out at no more than 4K IMO..

From what I have read here and elsewhere, there is a demand for it and I think there will be even more demand as the 05-07 6.0's get older..

·
Registered
486 Posts
Im curious on what a UOA would would look like after running it for X miles. Also what makes it "so" great? I read the MSDS off of their site and it says "trade secret" as one of the components. Yeah I hear it works but what are the long term effects if any? And what is this "trade secret"?

REV-X Fleet | Oil Addtive | Lubrication Specialties, Inc.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts