Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

161 - 180 of 215 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
yes the bottle said i could add up to 60%. I think I might of read the bottle wrong:doh::doh::doh:

·
Dennab
408 Posts
yes the bottle said i could add up to 60%. I think I might of read the bottle wrong:doh::doh::doh:
Ok first thing. Take phone book of cali and smack your self. LOL! im ####ing with you.

Ok on a 46 quart engine I.E. Mack or Cat cummins 855, c15 I use a quart half. Thats if its worn out and no ones looking lol! Thats just me and my habits if the Custmer asks for it to be put in! Most Don't use Oil Additives basically its a waste of time in most cases

Now An Engine with 15 quarts lets see what it calls for
In Ford Powerstrokes we suggest one quart of Pure Synthetic Oil Stabilizer per oil change.

Lucas Oil Stabilizer is a 100% petroleum product formulated to eliminate dry starts and reduce friction, heat and wear in any type of engine. It allows motor oils a higher degree of lubricity which reduces oil consumption and operating temperatures. Use Lucas Oil Stabilizer in gear oil to stop leaks, reduce operating temperatures and increase the life of the gear oil. Since it is pure petroleum, it can safely blend with all other automotive lubricants, even synthetics, ATF and mineral oil. It keeps old engines alive and new engines new.

So Run Your truck tell it gets hot. Drain the oil out. Put new oil in....

And if you want to use Rev-X im sure after you change your oil you just dump it in and get after it :)

·
Registered
110 Posts
When your ready, just go to my site. I will get it to you quick and let you decide its worth.
Alright just ordered some about 5 min ago so we will see how it works. It's starting to get down in the 30's here lately.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Alright sounds good I gota change my oil this weekend so I will give it a whirl

·
Registered
110 Posts
So have you had any tests with the fuel additive? Just kinda tryin to find something else to run in the fuel all the other additives I have ran havnt done anything I have noticed.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Yes, several folks have received the fuel additive, but I am waiting to hear back. I have used it for quite some time, but I would say that is far from an unbiased test. I will let the other folks chime in on that.

·
OrthoPro
72 Posts
OMG I WANT to try this stuff out! Truck is taking longer to fire now 3-4 seconds vs. immediately during the summer, the weather is changing up here in Oregon. I was planning on adding 8 ozs. on my next oil change in 500 miles.

If you can't, I will still buy it and fill the group in on my results!

Thanks for the consideration!

Aaron Forbes

·
Registered
392 Posts
Yes, several folks have received the fuel additive, but I am waiting to hear back. I have used it for quite some time, but I would say that is far from an unbiased test. I will let the other folks chime in on that.
That says quite a bit in my book. BTW I've got about 3k on oil I added the 8oz to, haven't had a romp & still seems much quieter - easier starts. Gonna add 4oz at oil change & hope for same results.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I have run the whole bottle of fuel additive( I have run the 1500 mixure) since I got it, I didn't notice much of a difference with the additive until I ran out of it, now its a bit tougher with cold starts, and i have noticed a longer warm startup. don't know what is up with that.

I am due to order some more fuel additive, do you have the winter blend in yet?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well I have been running the rev x since Friday havnt noticed anything different oh well was worth a try.

·
Grumpy Old Bitter Bastard
6,476 Posts
So I sent out 20 bottles to folks here, how many of you guys have used it?
Ok. Finally got the oil changed and have about 1500 miles on it using a dino 15-40 Valvoline. Plus it is getting colder up north here. Few nights/mornings starting at 24-26 deg. It is definitely starting better in cold weather and is a bit quieter while warming up. Once warm I'm not noticing too much difference, but then again my hearing is going and the whine of the turbo is much louder than the engine :doh: Maybe it is making it quieter since now I can hear my rear end going. LOL

So, based upon the better cold starting performance I'm happy. I am wondering how Rev-X will help with the oil shear in the dual HPO pump setup. I normally change the oil every 3-4000 miles. Might try to run a bit longer and pull an oil sample to send in. Update again then.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #178
Good deal Nigel.

DJM, what symptoms if any did you have prior?

CJ it was originally developed for use in Gas racing engines. We just recently started using it in diesels.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cold starts kinda sucked they still do I did notice today it was a little smoother idle when it got warmed up but not sure if it's the rev x or the 2 stroke oil I put in the day before when I filled up. Not doggin on Rev x it seems it has done alot for alot of people that used it for me it's just not worth the extra money for what I have noticed.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I am still running the RevX you sent. I live in Ohio and we have had some pretty cold nights, nights cold enough that my truck would have needed pluged in for last year. She has started every time Yesterday morn it was in the twenty's she fired up.

161 - 180 of 215 Posts