Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

181 - 200 of 215 Posts

·
Genius, when I drink
1,295 Posts
Been waitin for some cold weather to see how well my rig starts after adding the Rev X, 10 deg this morning, not plugged in, cycled the glow plugs once and she started like a champ and no sticky injector(s).

Thanks!!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Has anyone used this in Alaska? What was it used in (6.0 or 7.3) maybe both? Where can I find it in AK? Pushing 200,000 and want to push another 200,000.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Just a thought, would it be more effective to dump the rev-x directly in the HPOP reservoir or a portion thereof and the remaining portion into the pan?

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
I have a question I put in lucas oil treatment in my truck now I have rough starts is it becouse the stuff is like syrup if so how can i clean the stuff out and use Rev-X :doh:
how much did you use of Lucas? And Get it hot and change it..
Just like Mamba6.4 said, get it hot and drain it. Steer away from the lucas - it's nothing more than a viscosity improver with not much/nothing showing up on the additives. Will change your 15W-40 to a 50 weight. If you are gonna use it, it is best to add it when the viscosity as down close to a 30 weight - but in order to do that you will need to time your used oil analysis just right.

here is a UOA of a virgin sample of the Lucas (not the RevX). The CST viscosity of a 40 weight is 12.5-16.29 - this sample is 124.43!

·
Freedom is not free
888 Posts
Anyone have any Used Oil Analysis results with Rev-x to post up ?

·
Built not Bought
529 Posts
I was running Royal Purple 15W40 in my truck previous to this last oil change and I went through about 2 1/2 quarts in 3,500 miles. I changed over to Rotella 5W40 Synthetic and 2 bottles of Rev-X, in 2,500 miles I haven't lost any oil, I check it weekly and the line on the dipstick has yet to fall.

I would like to contribute this to Rev-X and the better oil but mostly Rev-X, the truck just seems happier these days with it.

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
I just put Rev-X into my oil this last oil change. Haven't really noticed any difference. Having issues with my 7.3L now :( Don't think its the Rev-X doing it though.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Just put some in my 7.3 and no real change except slightly quieter.
Added at time of oil change with valvoline prem blue syn 5w-40.
Put three bottles in.
Bought four.
One will go in the next change.
But I have heard it takes some miles to notice the difference.
We will see.
I'll post up with any changes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
i dont have any posts yet but i have a 7.3 experiencing the problems you are describing . i would even send you a video if it wouold help. thanks

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
does the rev-x actually do anything better for the 7.3? Any 7.3 powerstroke owners that tried this additive can you give me some feedback on what you noticed it does ? thanks in advance

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is Rev-X just an additive with Molybdenum in it?

181 - 200 of 215 Posts