Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sell so much of this and there are always lots of questions and misconceptions about rev-X. Here is a list of questions and answers to try and help. to try and help. As always you can call to ask questions anytime or order from our site directly.

Q - I have a problem, my 6.0, etc.... truck runs rough when cold like it is missing. Once it warms up it runs great will rev-x help?

A - Yes you have a stiction issue and rev-x will most likely, 99.9% of the time get the truck to start and idle smooth and get rid of your stiction issue. If your truck has the miss even when warm, you most likely have a bad spool valve or mechanically failing injector. It may help to add rev-x but it cannot fix a mechanically failed injector and you are most likely looking at replacement.

Q – Do I need to use the product with every oil change?

A – Yes! It is necessary to continue using the additive with every oil change to maintain the increased performance and protection of the treated component. The Rev-X DOES NOT attach to your metal surfaces. It attaches and becomes part of the oil.

Q – What kind of wear reduction can I expect to see?

A – Through oil analysis testing we have seen reductions in wear metals as high as 70% on treated components.

Q – Can I run REV-X Performance Oil Additive in a new engine?

A – No, you must first allow the engine a proper amount of time to break in. The main reason for this is to allow the cylinder liner and rings to seat.

Q – When should I change my engine oil when using REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – We recommend oil analyses testing to allow a factual basis that can help you determine any increased drain intervals. Many customers report recommendations from oil analysis to double the interval.

Q – How long do I have to use REV-X Performance Oil Additive before I should notice a difference in my vehicle?

A – When using REV-X Performance Oil Additive you should notice a much smoother running engine within fifteen minutes and increased performance with every heat cycle that follows.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive help my turbo?

A – Yes! We have performed extensive testing with turbo applications and have found that with the use of REV-X Performance Oil Additive we can extend the in service life of any turbo up to 4 times the normal life span. REV-X Performance Oil Additive drastically reduces friction on treated bearing surfaces which allows the turbo an increase in efficiency which provides faster spoolup at lower rpm's, increased boost on top end (how much will vary on the turbo used) and reduced thermal temperatures on the compressor side of the turbo.

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in just my diesel engine?

A- No, It is a lubricant additive and can be used in most any lubricant. DO NOT use it in ATF applications. Power Steering, Manual transmissions, Differentials, Gas or diesel engines, Boat engines and outdrives, snowmobiles, etc....

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in an engine that needs to be overhauled?

A – Yes! However, REV-X Performance Oil Additive will not eliminate the need for the engine to be overhauled.

Q – How often should I change manual transmission fluid that has been treated with REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – It is safe to run any treated manual transmission fluid 300,000 miles before needing to replace the fluid.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive reduce differential temperatures?

A – Yes! Dramatically!

·
Registered
83 Posts
We sell so much of this and there are always lots of questions and misconceptions about rev-X. Here is a list of questions and answers to try and help. to try and help. As always you can call to ask questions anytime or order from our site directly.

Q - I have a problem, my 6.0, etc.... truck runs rough when cold like it is missing. Once it warms up it runs great will rev-x help?

A - Yes you have a stiction issue and rev-x will most likely, 99.9% of the time get the truck to start and idle smooth and get rid of your stiction issue. If your truck has the miss even when warm, you most likely have a bad spool valve or mechanically failing injector. It may help to add rev-x but it cannot fix a mechanically failed injector and you are most likely looking at replacement.

Q – Do I need to use the product with every oil change?

A – Yes! It is necessary to continue using the additive with every oil change to maintain the increased performance and protection of the treated component. The Rev-X DOES NOT attach to your metal surfaces. It attaches and becomes part of the oil.

Q – What kind of wear reduction can I expect to see?

A – Through oil analysis testing we have seen reductions in wear metals as high as 70% on treated components.

Q – Can I run REV-X Performance Oil Additive in a new engine?

A – No, you must first allow the engine a proper amount of time to break in. The main reason for this is to allow the cylinder liner and rings to seat.

Q – When should I change my engine oil when using REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – We recommend oil analyses testing to allow a factual basis that can help you determine any increased drain intervals. Many customers report recommendations from oil analysis to double the interval.

Q – How long do I have to use REV-X Performance Oil Additive before I should notice a difference in my vehicle?

A – When using REV-X Performance Oil Additive you should notice a much smoother running engine within fifteen minutes and increased performance with every heat cycle that follows.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive help my turbo?

A – Yes! We have performed extensive testing with turbo applications and have found that with the use of REV-X Performance Oil Additive we can extend the in service life of any turbo up to 4 times the normal life span. REV-X Performance Oil Additive drastically reduces friction on treated bearing surfaces which allows the turbo an increase in efficiency which provides faster spoolup at lower rpm's, increased boost on top end (how much will vary on the turbo used) and reduced thermal temperatures on the compressor side of the turbo.

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in just my diesel engine?

A- No, It is a lubricant additive and can be used in most any lubricant. DO NOT use it in ATF applications. Power Steering, Manual transmissions, Differentials, Gas or diesel engines, Boat engines and outdrives, snowmobiles, etc....

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in an engine that needs to be overhauled?

A – Yes! However, REV-X Performance Oil Additive will not eliminate the need for the engine to be overhauled.

Q – How often should I change manual transmission fluid that has been treated with REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – It is safe to run any treated manual transmission fluid 300,000 miles before needing to replace the fluid.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive reduce differential temperatures?

A – Yes! Dramatically!

I have 2 more questions here first if my injectors have a miss when it is warm out can rev x fix it? (I just had all 8 replaced and I'm missing at times within this last week) And second can rev x increase gas mileage (I've been getting 8 mpg max within the last week)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts