Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We sell so much of this and there are always lots of questions and misconceptions about rev-X. Here is a list of questions and answers to try and help. to try and help. As always you can call to ask questions anytime or order from our site directly.

Q - I have a problem, my 6.0, etc.... truck runs rough when cold like it is missing. Once it warms up it runs great will rev-x help?

A - Yes you have a stiction issue and rev-x will most likely, 99.9% of the time get the truck to start and idle smooth and get rid of your stiction issue. If your truck has the miss even when warm, you most likely have a bad spool valve or mechanically failing injector. It may help to add rev-x but it cannot fix a mechanically failed injector and you are most likely looking at replacement.

Q – Do I need to use the product with every oil change?

A – Yes! It is necessary to continue using the additive with every oil change to maintain the increased performance and protection of the treated component. The Rev-X DOES NOT attach to your metal surfaces. It attaches and becomes part of the oil.

Q – What kind of wear reduction can I expect to see?

A – Through oil analysis testing we have seen reductions in wear metals as high as 70% on treated components.

Q – Can I run REV-X Performance Oil Additive in a new engine?

A – No, you must first allow the engine a proper amount of time to break in. The main reason for this is to allow the cylinder liner and rings to seat.

Q – When should I change my engine oil when using REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – We recommend oil analyses testing to allow a factual basis that can help you determine any increased drain intervals. Many customers report recommendations from oil analysis to double the interval.

Q – How long do I have to use REV-X Performance Oil Additive before I should notice a difference in my vehicle?

A – When using REV-X Performance Oil Additive you should notice a much smoother running engine within fifteen minutes and increased performance with every heat cycle that follows.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive help my turbo?

A – Yes! We have performed extensive testing with turbo applications and have found that with the use of REV-X Performance Oil Additive we can extend the in service life of any turbo up to 4 times the normal life span. REV-X Performance Oil Additive drastically reduces friction on treated bearing surfaces which allows the turbo an increase in efficiency which provides faster spoolup at lower rpm's, increased boost on top end (how much will vary on the turbo used) and reduced thermal temperatures on the compressor side of the turbo.

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in just my diesel engine?

A- No, It is a lubricant additive and can be used in most any lubricant. DO NOT use it in ATF applications. Power Steering, Manual transmissions, Differentials, Gas or diesel engines, Boat engines and outdrives, snowmobiles, etc....

Q – Can I use REV-X Performance Oil Additive in an engine that needs to be overhauled?

A – Yes! However, REV-X Performance Oil Additive will not eliminate the need for the engine to be overhauled.

Q – How often should I change manual transmission fluid that has been treated with REV-X Performance Oil Additive?

A – It is safe to run any treated manual transmission fluid 300,000 miles before needing to replace the fluid.

Q – Will REV-X Performance Oil Additive reduce differential temperatures?

A – Yes! Dramatically!

·
Registered
689 Posts
Q – Do I need to use the product with every oil change?

A – Yes! It is necessary to continue using the additive with every oil change to maintain the increased performance and protection of the treated component. The Rev-X DOES NOT attach to your metal surfaces. It attaches and becomes part of the oil.
It is not a need.
Many including myself do not used rev-x or have never used rev-x for many miles with out having issues. Many have very successful oil system components with out the use or need of rev-x.

The answer should be changed to,
You can use rev-x every oil change, or when ever you injection issues come up. This is under the assumption that the FICM and injector(s) are in good shape.
Not all injection issues are related to stiction(Biuld up on the oil side of the injector).

Rev-x is not a need and rev-x is not the fix to injection issues, it is one fix among others. Rev-x is a cleaner of build up in the injector when build up occurs.

And, every stiction issue is not at the same level of stiction build op as all others. Every one has a different level of build up. Some systems will require 2 bottles, others can use 1. This can be judged by the intensity of the difficult starts.

And by the way(readers), this is being advertised by a seller of rev-x. This did not surprise me that the OP put rev-x as a NEED.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct Steve, you do not NEED to use it if you wish not too. Yes, I am a vendor of Rev-X, however, I have also been around the diesel game since before it was cool to own a diesel, LOOOOOOONG before rev-x was around. I also was one of the first guys to use Rev-X to correct the 6.0 stiction issue and was THE guy to approach Dan from Rev-X and got the test of 30 Diesel engines, 10 PSD, 10 Cummins, 9 Dmax's and a VW TDI. ALL 30 had significant and most HUGE improvements. That was done Steve, BEFORE, I decided to be a vendor. While this will sound Arrogant as hell, I've more than proven my reputation in the 6.0 and diesel world.

Personally your last statement I take as a direct shot at my credibility and reputation.

This thread was started because many many people have questions about this product. A product BTW that works. Please show me a single person dissatisfied with their purchase or who has said, "nah, its crap". You cannot because there are none. I don't know the chemical makeup of the product. I don't make it, I sell it. I do know it works very well at what it does and I do know that I became a vendor for it because it works so well. I DO NOT have to sell it, the people who use it "sell" it.

You are not the first or the second that has decided to attack a good product while being completely ignorant of it. ("Many including myself do not used rev-x or have never used rev-x"). This thread was not, nor is it a sales pitch to get more business. Its a thread to answer many of the questions the guys call with.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
I wouldn't call it personal but I am thinking the same as SmokerSteve
the fact this is a sticky about a product for sale by the vendor is just out of place IMHO

and I can't see adding $65 to each oil change because it sounds like your telling Me it's not fixing stiction just masking it?

and While Rev-x has a website it's not very informative like the competitors ?

Hotshot's clearly states

How should I use HSS? One bottle or 64 ounces of HSS is the exact amount of additive to clean the injectors and get them operating properly. You can use 32 ounces of HSS ½ of the bottle for preventative maintenance, every 3-4 oil changes.
Why is Rev=x different ?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wouldn't call it personal but I am thinking the same as SmokerSteve
the fact this is a sticky about a product for sale by the vendor is just out of place IMHO

and I can't see adding $65 to each oil change because it sounds like your telling Me it's not fixing stiction just masking it?

I love this argument, is oil masking a spun bearing?

and While Rev-x has a website it's not very informative like the competitors ?

OOOOOOOKKKKKKKKK, so your saying their shouldn't be an informative post about it and complaining about a lack of information in the same post? Which one do you want?

Hotshot's clearly states

Why is Rev=x different ?
Have you used rev-x?

Also to be 100% clear, I DID NOT ASK FOR IT TO BE A STICKY!

·
FNG
6,018 Posts
Wow:doh:

Rev X flat out works thats all their is too it.

But to add to that When used with a synthetic oil it works even better.

Injector stiction is caused by a varnish left by cheap dino oils on the spool valves. Rev X flat out cured it.

But like said. Rev x will not fix a failed injector or FICM.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Dave, and Thanks for unsticking the thread. Don't want him to get his panties in a wad.

·
Registered
689 Posts
You are correct Steve, you do not NEED to use it if you wish not too. Yes, I am a vendor of Rev-X, however, I have also been around the diesel game since before it was cool to own a diesel, LOOOOOOONG before rev-x was around. I also was one of the first guys to use Rev-X to correct the 6.0 stiction issue and was THE guy to approach Dan from Rev-X and got the test of 30 Diesel engines, 10 PSD, 10 Cummins, 9 Dmax's and a VW TDI. ALL 30 had significant and most HUGE improvements. That was done Steve, BEFORE, I decided to be a vendor. While this will sound Arrogant as hell, I've more than proven my reputation in the 6.0 and diesel world.

Personally your last statement I take as a direct shot at my credibility and reputation.
I see. I am sorry for how you took what I stated.
I have no intention on hurting you personaly. I am trying to discuss the "VIEW" of rev-x, not the people who use or sell it.

This thread was started because many many people have questions about this product. A product BTW that works. Please show me a single person dissatisfied with their purchase or who has said, "nah, its crap". You cannot because there are none. I don't know the chemical makeup of the product. I don't make it, I sell it. I do know it works very well at what it does and I do know that I became a vendor for it because it works so well. I DO NOT have to sell it, the people who use it "sell" it.

You are not the first or the second that has decided to attack a good product while being completely ignorant of it. ("Many including myself do not used rev-x or have never used rev-x"). This thread was not, nor is it a sales pitch to get more business. Its a thread to answer many of the questions the guys call with.
The reason for my first post is to open and reveal the "VIEW" of rev-x, not its benefits.
I strongly feel that it works and it works well.
I strongly feel that many are actually over stating the requirements of using rev-x on our engines.
I constantly see that rev-x is being pushed way to hard on the consumer to buy for its effects on stiction and how prominent stiction is.
YES it works very very well and and I agree that it does 100%. I do not think that rev-x should be pushed so hard that we will start stating that it is ----NEED---- and it is to be used every oil change.

The view and perspective of REV-X is what I am discussing.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got you, and I agree, no it is not a "need". It is a very useful tool for helping aleviate 6.0 and other oil related problems. Oxygen is a "NEED".

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
Thanks Dave, and Thanks for unsticking the thread. Don't want him to get his panties in a wad.
Thanks for being a tool and getting Me banned because you can't handle a little creative interjection

Two frigging threads that I posted to that were related and that was almost a week ago ,, and you did all the personal insults :blah:,,

but you went and cried to the teacher :doh:

Maybe if I sponsor "Babies are us " this wouldn't get deleted and I wouldn't get banned :doh:

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
If a sponsor brings up a concern, we handle it. IF you chase a sponsor around and singling him out well then. Do you see anyone else doing the same thing. Now the messages a Moderator sends you are private. If I were you I would tread lightly on your action posting information or I will take of it and there wont be another chance.

·
Administrator
32,974 Posts
i appreciate your position
I didn't mention any names in the quote and honest to god check out our interaction on the two threads it was many days ago and I let it go as did He //I thought ?

anyway the product speaks for itself IMHO and I am going to use it next over HSS
sometimes it's better to let actions speak louder than words
I am not following anyone and I agree to let this go

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Thank-you. I dont know the whole story just drop it from this point on so no other issues arise.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
Well I think it answers some questions to help people. I have no problems with the shaffer oil in the cold but if I do then I'll add some rev x

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
My truck has recently started smoking blue/gray fuel smelling smoke on a cold start and loping a couple times do you think rev x would help me in this situation? This is wit innovatives race tune but it smokes on start up with the stock tune also...

·
Registered
689 Posts
i appreciate your position
I didn't mention any names in the quote and honest to god check out our interaction on the two threads it was many days ago and I let it go as did He //I thought ?

anyway the product speaks for itself IMHO and I am going to use it next over HSS
sometimes it's better to let actions speak louder than words
I am not following anyone and I agree to let this go
Agreed, if it does not happen again.

If a sponsor brings up a concern, we handle it. IF you chase a sponsor around and singling him out well then. Do you see anyone else doing the same thing.
Thank-you. I dont know the whole story just drop it from this point on so no other issues arise.
I do not konw the whole story either. I have also called dalpilot out on is mistake on advertising rev-x because he incorrectly stated the use of rev-x. Zmann is not alone in this discussion.

·
Registered
689 Posts
My truck has recently started smoking blue/gray fuel smelling smoke on a cold start and loping a couple times do you think rev x would help me in this situation? This is wit innovatives race tune but it smokes on start up with the stock tune also...
Have you inspected the FICM?
How many miles are on your truck?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I tested the ficm a couple months back and it tested to the proper volts. I have 68,000 miles on it and scince 50,000 i been runing valvoline prem blue

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Ok Steve, well before anyone goes calling anyone out DID you or Zmann first go to Tim yes or no ? Im pretty sure Tim will answer any of your concerns or problems. Before you go out starting and chasing etc whatever you want to call band wagon. Did you approach the Vendor in question ? If NO then ya'll are to blame simple as that, to not ask him directly. You skipped right over common courtesy and questioned him without giving him a chance to explain prior to.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts