Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone experienced this before. After my injector upgrade and other mods, there seems to be a rev limiter type sound when I stand on it. Fuel pressure does drop, but only to about 45 psi from 55. One other thing is that when I rev it up it comes back to an idle about 350 rpm higher than normal, almost like it's being choked. The only way to get the idle back to normal is to shut the truck off and start it again.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Here's something to try:

Go out on the highway, and bring the truck up to speed, and then in top gear, roll into it without downshifting. (Roll into it till your WOT, or until your not comfortabe with the speed.)
-If it starts to jerk around, but the fuel pressure is good, it could be your HPOP starting to die. (Prolly works good with stock injectors, but can't keep up with the bigger stix.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll give that a shot.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
Anyone experienced this before. After my injector upgrade and other mods, there seems to be a rev limiter type sound when I stand on it. Fuel pressure does drop, but only to about 45 psi from 55. One other thing is that when I rev it up it comes back to an idle about 350 rpm higher than normal, almost like it's being choked. The only way to get the idle back to normal is to shut the truck off and start it again.
I have the exact same issue!!! Like literally identical. I guess the HPOP could be the issue, because I'm only dropping to 45 psi as well...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went out today and slowly made my way to wot with no problems up to 100. still noticed after i did that, the idle jumped up and stayed that way until restart. the only time i seem to be having the problem is when i literally stand on it from standstill or low speed. Help please... I may be going crazy, but the truck just doesn't seem to run the same way twice.

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
When you put injectors in, it will always idle funny. Mine changes every time I drive it. Sometimes it idles at 600, sometimes 750 or higher. Injectors, especially 190's are known for it. You get used to it.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
When you put injectors in, it will always idle funny. Mine changes every time I drive it. Sometimes it idles at 600, sometimes 750 or higher. Injectors, especially 190's are known for it. You get used to it.
the other part of it is what I'm experiencing as well. It holds 45 psi fuel pressure at WOT but it sounds like it is bouncing off the rev limiter... I guess thats what Brentos is talking about.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm starting to think it's my tranny.:shrug:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I stand on it while rolling slow, it gets it and then the rev limiter. I let off the throttle and then when i hit it again it feels like it's in the next gear.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I wish I could. Not that advanced yet.:doh:

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
the other part of it is what I'm experiencing as well. It holds 45 psi fuel pressure at WOT but it sounds like it is bouncing off the rev limiter... I guess thats what Brentos is talking about.
sound slike what mine was doing when it had bad injectors

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
I'm starting to think it's my tranny.:shrug:
no it's not your tranny, when I put in an inline walbro pump it helped with the weird WOT symptom, didn't fix it though, so obviously it is something engine related.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You have my attention. I hope it's not the tranny, but i am leaning that way after watching a couple videos on here that sound very familiar. My next mod is going to be an AirDog II before I upgrade the turbo, so hopefully I will see a change there. Really don't have the funds for rebuilding the tranny right now.

·
Who is Obama?
1,779 Posts
You have my attention. I hope it's not the tranny, but i am leaning that way after watching a couple videos on here that sound very familiar. My next mod is going to be an AirDog II before I upgrade the turbo, so hopefully I will see a change there. Really don't have the funds for rebuilding the tranny right now.
My tranny has been 100% since I've had the new turbo on making this new sound, and I started getting it as soon as I put on the new turbo. I couldn't figure out what it is after the new fuel pump, but I have been suggested that the fuel lines aren't large enough which is probably the issue, or the the HPOP is weak, but I'm not so sure about that.

·
Registered
277 Posts
My tranny has been 100% since I've had the new turbo on making this new sound, and I started getting it as soon as I put on the new turbo. I couldn't figure out what it is after the new fuel pump, but I have been suggested that the fuel lines aren't large enough which is probably the issue, or the the HPOP is weak, but I'm not so sure about that.
Doubt your fuel lines are too small, tick under 600hp has been done with stock lines.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts