Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
probaly going to be asking a lot of questions on here. first time using a forum. I'm going to rebuild a 97 7.3, thought I would order a kit from riffraff. I wanted to get some opinions on reusing pushrods and also the timing gears. the motor has 266,000 miles. rebuilding to like stock. any other comments or suggestions welcome. thanks for any and all help.

·
Registered
909 Posts
First off why are you rebuilding?

If its a stock rebuild I would look over the push rods and make sure they are good but odds are reuse them. The timing gears you almost have to reuse.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The motor currently in the truck is getting tired and leaks all over. Had an extra motor so I thought why not.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Do yourself and compression test it first. Might just need some gaskets rather than a whole kit

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
doing the rebuild for fun and the experience. it will be nice to know the condition of everything and with any luck it will make another 300k without ever having to do anything major.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the timing gears and pushrods look good and straight. looks to be pretty light wear on cylinders and rod and main bearings. Im guessing they will go back stock size. does anyone now a site to purchase international parts online? looking for the water pump with filter.

·
Registered
909 Posts
I know dieselsite sells that water pump, But shy of a dealer I am not sure

ebay maybe? search a t444e water pump

·
OBS Stroker
1,004 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts