Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I returned my truck to stock just to see wgat it would drive like. Well it idles fine but when you take off it acts like its slowly shifts into 2nd and 3rd and clunks hard and if you give it a wot run it throws it into towhaul and blinks on and off and stays into 3rd or 4th. Now what the heck is the deal with all this lol. If I tune with my innovative tune its fine and shifts great. Does anyone have a clue.

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Sounds like a issue like Smut said, but also underline issues as well, pull the trans code and see what it says.

·
matt
911 Posts
it's good to let your trans relearn before you drive it hard

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It says something about wrong gear ratio and another one says something about pressure plate D

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Gear ratio, means its looking for the gear and thats your shift flare problem more then likely. See if you can clear the codes and drive it easy. But put the tune back in and leave it alone. If it doesnt like stock, but runs fine with a tune Id do that instead.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tuned it with lonney wild and its been running fine. But now its doing this every now and then. So I tuned it with extreem race and everything has been perfect.its got me wondering if I need a new trans or that solinoid from defuser

·
546 Posts
If you don't have the Solenoid its a cheap upgrade vs buying a trans. I have Doug @gogo trans Solenoid and it helped a lot.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts