Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got them put in this weekend with the 05 style headlight's in my 02, and all i can say is wow. Absolutely no comparison to the stock head light's and a very simple plug and play kit. The only thing i could possibly recomend is a little longer ground wire. Other than that the kit is completly straight foward to install... :eek:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
yeah i have the 5k retro solution 55w kit on my headlights and fog lights and man they are sweet i love em and i was like wow what have i been missing out on when i first drove at night with them compared to my regular bulbs was a night and day difference

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok ill snap some tonight. Night and day differance compared to stock. Might have to aim mine down a lil more becuase last night driving around i probably had about 20+ car's flash there lights at me.. with them just on the low beams and without the fog's on!LOL

·
WWDD
10,528 Posts
I really need to order a set... anyone want to sponsor me? LOL I would like to see the 4300, i have been thinking of 5k or 6ks, but im open to suggestions

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
ill also see if i can get some pictures tonight for you guys so you can compare my 5k series to his 4300k series

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
I'd love to see these pictures, I want a white set (light) and something that will light up the road.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
here are some pictures of my 55w 5k HIDs from retro solutions the pictres arent that great but there are betters ones comeing this evening hopfully

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
Do you guys use your hi beams at all? I just installed a set of 5K 55w retrosolutions on a OBS last night and love the low beams, but seams like the light isn't as bright on the hi's.

Do you guys notice this also?

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
I have noticed this as well and it seems to me that it is because when on HIgh beam the lights go higher than the stockers did so there for you dont get much light on the road depending on how they are adjusted, so with my truck being lifted 8.5" the high beams are basically usless IMO

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
Yeah, it's on a 2wd truck so not too high up. I adjusted them so that the bright spot was down about 2" from the vertical height of the lense. Haven't driven it with oncoming traffic yet, so we'll see. Was pleased with them just going down my driveway though.

I did notice that the hi's go more than the stockers so maybe it'll just take some getting used to. Gotta travel at night come Friday so I'll be able to test them out good on some dark, lonely stretches of Montana and Wyoming.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I have 55w 6000k on mine and love them. I think it just depends alot on the aiming of the beam. If they are set a little low the highs seem alittle dissapointing.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
Yeah, it's on a 2wd truck so not too high up. I adjusted them so that the bright spot was down about 2" from the vertical height of the lense. Haven't driven it with oncoming traffic yet, so we'll see. Was pleased with them just going down my driveway though.

I did notice that the hi's go more than the stockers so maybe it'll just take some getting used to. Gotta travel at night come Friday so I'll be able to test them out good on some dark, lonely stretches of Montana and Wyoming.
I have 55w 6000k on mine and love them. I think it just depends alot on the aiming of the beam. If they are set a little low the highs seem alittle dissapointing.
If they're set too high or too low, then the hi beams aren't that great.

Finally got to drive the truck with the new lights. I made it 15 miles and EVERY SINGLE VEHICLE I met flashed their lights at me when I had them on low beam. The icing on the cake was when one car dang near went into the ditch because they couldn't see. So I pulled over up against a building and adjusted them down. Well, I went WAY too far down cause my hi beams weren't even as high as the lows were before. Another 10 miles down the road I pulled up in front of another building and raised them back up a little.

Found the SWEET spot cause now I can see great on the lows and the remainder of my 400 miles I drove in the dark, only 1 car flashed me. Plus the hi beams work great!! Really light everything up more than they did before. I just had them so dang high that they weren't putting any light out on the road, just up in the air and that's why they looked dimmer.

There is a stretch of highway that is horrible with deer and antelope that I traveled thru and I must say, without these HID's I wouldn't have been able to see them. It was kinda scarey actually to realize how many deer were right on the side of the road or very close in the ditches. But I was able to see them all and either get slowed down or be watching them closely!

·
PETE ENGR PSD
972 Posts
How are yall actually adjusting these? Doesn't the headlight just get bolted down and its in the same position? Just installed mine last night and I'm assuming they need to be adjusted.

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
How are yall actually adjusting these? Doesn't the headlight just get bolted down and its in the same position? Just installed mine last night and I'm assuming they need to be adjusted.
Thru the factory adjustments Kevin. Yours will be a little different than mine because I put them in an OBS that has 3 adjustable mounts. The newer style housings on the 05+ trucks are fixed "side to side" but do have an "up and down" adjuster. It comes up from inside the hoursing to the top, I think outside. If I'm not mistaken it's either a philips head screwdriver type or a 5/32" hex head.

That's how you'd adjust if they're up too high and blinding people.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Good for you man....I love the 4300k's dem sumbitches is brite!!! Hi beams suck as there is really no diff but hell ya dont need as low will throw...

·
Registered
26 Posts
Where is everyone mounting their ballasts? I've had this kit for a few months and haven't gotten around to installing them yet

·
Let'er Buck!
1,690 Posts
Granted this is on an OBS but this is where I mounted mine:

Pass side w/o fender liner looking from above the wheel:

DSCN0580.jpg

Driver's side w/o liner looking from wheel:

DSCN0581.jpg

Relay mount in recess of core support on driver's side:

DSCN0582.jpg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts