Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Need? No.

But it would probably be an upgrade.

Mine are great and I dont have the projectors, just the retro-solutions hids.

If I had it to do over again now that they have the projectors Id probably go that route since it would focus the light even better.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
IMO best lighting will be with the '02-04 housings, Hella 80/100w 4k Kelvin bulbs with our USA 12ga harness. You can also upgrade the fog's with a HIR bulb thats gives 70% output of a Hid. Mod the fog switch to allow use with the high beams. If I can help PM me.

Cary

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I' going to have to politely diagreed, 55W HIR at 1875 lm is only 59% the output of a standard 35w 4300k HID bulb output (1875/3200)*100=58.59%

In addition, true 55W HID also runs cooler than the standard 55W halogen bulb.

Need, no. A better upgrade, sure. You would want to upgrade to a clear lens lamp as well, that will allow the best performance from the projectors.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
Do you guys have any pics of the projectors setup in a super duty housing?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
How about showing light pattern...if the projectors have a factory Hid style distinct cutoff then they could be a good option using Hids

·
Registered
7,358 Posts
IMO best lighting will be with the '02-04 housings, Hella 80/100w 4k Kelvin bulbs with our USA 12ga harness. You can also upgrade the fog's with a HIR bulb thats gives 70% output of a Hid. Mod the fog switch to allow use with the high beams. If I can help PM me.

Cary
not trying to bash, but your out your mind...

·
ARMY bound
6,990 Posts

Cary

That was the last set up I had. It sucked compared to the 4300k HID's. I spent more $ trying to get a regular bulb to work than I spent on the Retro Solutions kit.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts

·
PSN nerd
2,301 Posts
I have repeatively said I do not like retrofit hids as all I have seen do not control the light as they just stick a hid bulb in a stock housing.

If someone can show the same cutoff in a ford truck using Projectors in our housings..I'll be the next in line to buy them!
ya will as soon as i can get to it!

Retro-

I was gonna put a high and a low beam/bixenon projector in mine to have plenty of light. I drive alot of backroads in the country at night, and want a ton of lighting power. hmm 110 watts of lighting!

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
I have repeatively said I do not like retrofit hids as all I have seen do not control the light as they just stick a hid bulb in a stock housing.

If someone can show the same cutoff in a ford truck using Projectors in our housings..I'll be the next in line to buy them!
You are confusing an HID conversion kit versus a projector retrofit.
A projector retrofit references a change in the optics as well as the source. The stock headlamp is only a shell to house it at that point as the optics have been completely replaced.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
ya will as soon as i can get to it!

Retro-

I was gonna put a high and a low beam/bixenon projector in mine to have plenty of light. I drive alot of backroads in the country at night, and want a ton of lighting power. hmm 110 watts of lighting!
You can technically do that and have four forward lighting low beams and four high beams.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I understand the differences..just waiting for someone to provide a correctly focused housing mod for Hids or new housings designed for Hids.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts