Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to hearing about the resistor mod for the ICP on the 7.3 p strokes, I wanna get an idea of what is going on is it bad is it good or doesn't it really matter. I have heard some trucks sound pretty cool with the mod installed but I will not risk longevity over some BS performance part.

·
super tuner
164 Posts
you might notice a difference in idle quality, I.E most people do it because it makes the truck lope,smoke a little and you might or might not notice a little more strength in the pedal. But the gains you will see from a chip are incomparable and you have the option of running the engine in stock tuning whereas hard soldering a resistor doesn't give you that option.

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I did a resistor mod, I connected a switch to it. Truck had a very Lopey idle and if the switch was off and then turned on my truck would die. Also would not start with the resistor switch turned on. I did it with my TW tunes on the truck so that may be the issue with dieing and not starting. It was the 10k resistor. Also when the truck was running with the resistor switch on the engine rocks pretty bad. So I said screw it

·
Pennsylvania Coal Roller
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i knda saw all this stuff on youtube and im wondering is maybe i should do it for the cool sound or not cuz hell its only a plow truck and I got if for cheap I just wanted to see if it was a good back yard tune or not.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.