Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who on here knows of a good reputable machine shop in the Chicagoland area? Does anybody know about the machine work Hypermax does? I am wanting to get my spare block sent out somewhere to get it cleaned and everything checked on it.

Also for a truck that is going to be built up and start out with 250/200s and most likely go up from there, should I just cryo a set of stock forged rods or should I go and get the set of Hypermax rods for the cheap insurance? I mean 2700 as to building a motor and having a rod break and spending another 10-15 on everything again. Lets hear it guys.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anybody?

·
Subject Matter Expert
4,458 Posts
If youre going to do it, do it right, dont cut any corners. If you cant afford to do it right once, you certainly cant afford to do it twice. And let someone who KNOWS what they are doing assemble it.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats why I am trying to find the right place Junkie. I have been saving here and there and am still going to do this a little at a time so that way I dont cut any corners. I want this to have EVERYTHING done and done correctly.

Bob, I talked to hypermax and asked them to send me a price quote and they never got back to me. I guess I will have to call them again. My guess is they know what they are doing since they do have a CGI block and awesome rods and everything else you need to build a motor. I am waiting on my buddy out in Leland to get back to me with a quote from the guy he uses. No Limit Diesel guy who has had many Duramaxs built there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts