Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gonna be getting the SCT 5015 from PunchIt (unless everyone cna steer me better) but am curious if I don't like Mike's tunes can I reprogram it with whoever else's I want? I undersatand there's a limit on moving it from truck to truck but can I wipe / reformat it and put another set of tunes on it?

While I'm on the subject, I never plan on drag racing or running eleventy billion horse out of my 6.4, just want it to run like a truck should. I have the exhaust, doing egr delete, s&b cai, studs, and HG. Is this $899 tuner the right choice? Again, I'm not going to run quarter miles or anything, only perhaps might get heavy on the go pedal when some slack jawed *** in a mopar is next to me....

·
Premium Member
3,413 Posts
Yes, you can load any tuning file you want onto the SCT. The tuning company will need some device info to make sure the file will work properly for your device. Last I recall the SCT devices will load up to 10 custom files.

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
:whs: our you looking to use it for gauges too or just to program? If just to program there is cheaper options out there from SCT that will do the same thing. I prefer my Edge CTS for gauges personally with EGR probe. Check out Drew for custom tunes I love his economy/tow tune, I like yourself Andy don't want a 9000 lb. race truck just like the extra go when towing or needed like you mentioned. I prefer it when I am next to a rice rocket or one of those idiots though. LOL

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flossy, I'm going to be deleting the dpf and egr, and from what I've learned here this is the only moderately priced tuner that will accommodate that.

As for the performance aspect I desire, don't hold me to the author of this quote but I believe it was Jeff from Spartan that called it "awesome driving manners"

How much do people sell their tunes for? Is there really a difference? A trans is supposed to shift at XX RMPs, fuel rail pressure is supposed to be XX psi, so other than faking out the real PCM that this or that sensor is still present what do these tunes do?

·
"Slap hands slap hands"
1,487 Posts
Drew at back road performance charges $50 a tune. He adjust the tune to stock or aftermarket trucks depending on size of injectors, turbo, stock head bolts or arp head studs ect... I personally noticed a difference from the stock towing/economy tune vs. Drew economy/towing tune feel like there is better throttle response, better torque when towing and low end off the line. Generic tunes seem good from SCT bust custom tunes are adjusted according to your year, make, model and most importantly mods if any.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts