Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Replacing injectors needs studs but short on funds what to do??

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  lubeowner 
#1 ·
Hey guys, im in a hairy situation. My truck needs studs, and next month after I pay off a few things, my truck is supposed to go under the knife and get studs, injectors, and all supporting mods. But as of 2 days ago, my injectors just finally shot the craps, they laughed at RevX and kept on spitting blue smoke. This is my DD so I need to get it on the road asap, I dont have the funds to do both, should I throw injectors in or is it big enough job that I should just do studs at same time?

#2 ·
Injectors arent as entailed as doing studs.... it shouldnt take to long to do them actually... and you dont have to pull the cab and replace a bunch of other stuff.. just get new o ring kits, the injectors and you should be ready to do it. just be careful when tightening the studs for the valve covers... I twisted 2 off.... if for some reason you need valve cover gaskets, rock auto has them and they come with the rubber grommets.

#5 ·
it will be good practice....

#6 ·
You will need a 12mm wrench for the valve cover bolts on the pass. Side under heater box. Gearwrenches make it way quicker. Use air where you can, and replace your stand pipes and.dummy plugs if it hasn't been done. If it has been done, they will take a 12mm allen, if they're the old style, they will take either a 1/2 drive square or a 10mm allen. You only need to pull the stand pipes which are the ones further back on the h.p.o. rail, one on.each side. The stand pipes can stay unless theyre old style, if so, just replace em. The oil.rail is held in my t30 torx bolts, the injector.hold downs.are.t40's

#12 ·
Seriously, get in your truck and drive it up here. Spend a day and with your help we will do the studs and rebuild your injectors cheaper then you can imagine. Fastest we have done one is 5 hours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.