Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever replaced just the connectors from the wire harness to the FICM. If so are these the right ones and HOW HARD IS IT??

Power Stroke Seal / Repair Kits

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
TTT

·
Steamfighter
1,094 Posts
looks like it .

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
If there are ever any issues with the FICM harness, I won't even THINK about trying to "repair" it, for the price the harness costs, even at full retail price.

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Your sayin you don't think it cost enough to just repair it instead of replacing the whole harness. I cant find a used one for cheap and a new one is like 7-800 bucks. I just cant afford that with all the money I have put into this d*** truck already.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
What is the model year of your truck? Which harness are you referring to? If I understood correctly, you're telling me you need the FICM harness (the two FICM plugs, all eight injectors and the main FICM ground), correct? Or are you referring to the main ENGINE harness?

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im talkin about the (I believe) the injector harness goin to the ficm. Its the front two plugs that go into the ficm. Does that make sense?

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
Im talkin about the (I believe) the injector harness goin to the ficm. Its the front two plugs that go into the ficm. Does that make sense?
Okay, there are two main harnesses on this engine. Both of which are relatively inexpensive. I would need the model year (preferably the VIN) to be able to get you part numbers from Ford.

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My vin is 1FTWW31P55EA67158

·
m-chan68
116 Posts

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So you think it would be easier to just change the whole harness out then?? Im just thinkin it would be easier to change the connector. Obviously it is a common problem since they make a replacement connector huh???

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
TTT

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
Hey man. I think I might have the harness your looking for. Got a couple of 6.0s in my garage. Have the harnesses for one laying around. My newest engine had em, so I didn't have to use my old one. Didn't have any issues with it. It's kinda in my way.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts