Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Yee yee
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all, I'm looking into replacing my clutch in my 94.5 psd. The clutch pedal goes all the way to the floor and to get it too start you have to go all the way down and then some more. On the fly shifting is not a problem. But I did notice before this started happening a few months ago my truck had a lot more power in reverse and more power on take off. Could a bad clutch be the cause of this in reverse or loss of power on take off? Once I get it into second and step on it she does fine. I've looked into clutches I'm leaning towards a south bend clutch kit for around $600. I'm kinda on a budget with limited funds until our micro refinery can ship it's first tanker out. Any help or suggestions?

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Prior to doing the clutch, make sure there is no slop in the clutch peal linkage-to-clutch master cylinder rod bushing. Also, check for slop in the brake/clutch mainshaft bushings. Take care of any issues there first. The SBC is a good kit. Other folks like Valair and Luk as well. Cheers!

·
Yee yee
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So your saying I should check the bushings first and then go from there? When I feel up to it I'm gonna go take a look. Thanks

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just put a luk clutch in mine you can get it off parts geek.com for 208$ shipped and put a new master and slave cylinder on mine and it is awesome, but like they said that plastic bushing will break and cause that to happen

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Just the clutch (for a factory Dual Mass FlyWheel, DMFW) or an entire Single Mass FlyWheel (SMFW)/Clutch kit? Cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts