Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was showing a speed sensor code in my 95, truck shifting into neutral while driving, speedo jumping at around 60 and hard shifting, overdrive light blinking on shifter lever. So I replaced it with a motorcraft one and I'm still having same issue, has anyone had the same issue and provide some insight

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
sounds more like the trans. if it is going to neutral

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Just speculating, but it's probably going out of gear as a response to the flaky speed signal. If the speedo function were normal, then that would isolate the problem to the tranny. But the speedo and tranny issues* together suggest a continuing speed sense issue. IIRC, the notches on the tone ring can also get gummed up with stuff (I think it can get magnetized, and pick up metal shavings), and that would throw off the pulse signal to the VSS.

*(Where else can a bunch of grown men [mostly] write openly about "speedo and tranny issues" without blinking an eye?....)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is only happening intermitenly, today while driving no issues, yesterday I did replace an aftermarket one with a motorcraft part and the speedo problem has subsided

1 - 6 of 6 Posts