Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

repeated icp replacement HELP!!!!!!

503 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  capttony 
#1 ·
Hey everybody, first time posting here. I have a 2003 6.0 f350 drw the only things done have been egr delete and arp studs. I use a scgII.
I have owned the truck for almost 3 years, replaced all injectors, 2 alternators, head gaskets, 2 fuel pumps, 2 water pumps, radiator, transmission, 2 ipr's and 2 oil coolers.
My problem is that in the past 2 years i have replaced the icp at least 6 times and the pigtail twice. I am constantly towing weights of 15000 pounds everyday and all day between 400 to 600 miles a day.
Im really getting tired of replacing them. Can anyone tell me where to look for the cause? heat shield is in place. The last time it died on me it just stopped running, towed it back, no codes, unplugged the icp and she fired right up. Icp is factory oem and only 3 months old. There is no oil leakage and the pigtail is clean with good splice connections.
Please help I am at my wits end. I am a novice but have a learned alot in the 200,000 plus miles that I have owned it. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.