Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When your truck is in for a recall, are any other necessary repairs done free of charge, that aren't related to the recall?

I thought I had my truck in for a recall several years back, for the adjustable pedal, and they did some sort of other repair that was necessary (can't remember what it was). It was not related to the pedal issue, but they said it was free of charge, since the truck was in for a recall.

Has anyone had an experience like this?

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
I have read where they would re flash the PCM for "free" and screw you over since you had a tune loaded or you didn't want that strategy guys have even written on the port "do not flash"

i am sure there can be non recall items they may address when your in there for a recall item

or maybe you had another recall like the cam position sensor addressed

·
Registered
616 Posts
When your truck is in for a recall, are any other necessary repairs done free of charge, that aren't related to the recall?

I thought I had my truck in for a recall several years back, for the adjustable pedal, and they did some sort of other repair that was necessary (can't remember what it was). It was not related to the pedal issue, but they said it was free of charge, since the truck was in for a recall.

Has anyone had an experience like this?
You probably still had factory warranty. Nothing is free at the dealer unless its warranty or recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.