1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I've been wanting to get a set of factory service manuals for my personal use, is this the set i'm looking for?

2009 FORD F-250 F-350 GAS & DIESEL SUPER DUTY SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL | eBay
Yep, and that is a decent price, compared to new, if shipping isn't too much. (I see its free if you can wait.)

I just bought a set for my 08, straight from Helms.

They have lots of detail, but no wiring schematics. You have to order them separately.

The Ford manuals have way more detail than Dodge manuals.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
These manuals are year specific. My 08 manual covers nav and rear entertainment stuff that is specific to my 08. 09s are different in this regard.

I saved most of the price of my set of manuals already. My truck has a keyless entry pad and it told me where to find the code. Otherwise its a dealer visit to get the pin number.

You might also check out something like this.
FORD F250,F350 SERVICE REPAIR AND WIRING MANUAL 2007,2008 ON CD | eBay

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Good question.

In the shop, I prefer the paper copy.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
makes sense.
If the CD was fully inclusive, would one be able to print it at lets say, a kinkos and have it bound or even put in a binder?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I prefer to print off the section that I need then throw it out when im donr so I don't need to worry about getting the shop manual dirty.

·
Beef
1,565 Posts
but if you need to access something, it would be a pain to get the computer all dirty looking for info.

Which gets a little dirty, my $2100 mac or $140 manual is how i'm thinking about that at the moment.

Had manuals before and didn't mind getting them dirty but I didn't pay 140 for them though so that is what is making that hard as well.

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was a toss up between the paper copy and a digital copy. I personally like the paper manuals so I can highlight or make notes in the book etc... I tried to get purchase order from the state "wife" to purchase the manual and I got shot down big time. Guess I'll be waiting a while.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
If I couldn't have the paper copy, I'd get the CD.

I just ordered one of those CDs, because it has the wiring schematics, or so says the seller.

I wouldn't want to be using a laptop in the shop and simple repairs take several sections in the manual. I fixed a punched out door lock on my truck last week and I was in several areas of the manual. Its very handy to have.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
It was a toss up between the paper copy and a digital copy. I personally like the paper manuals so I can highlight or make notes in the book etc... I tried to get purchase order from the state "wife" to purchase the manual and I got shot down big time. Guess I'll be waiting a while.
Point out to your wife that the $100.00 an hour shop rate is what you would be saving if you had your own shop manuals and then she could get that $1500.00 designer purse she always wanted. Works every time. :)

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Point out to your wife that the $100.00 an hour shop rate is what you would be saving if you had your own shop manuals and then she could get that $1500.00 designer purse she always wanted. Works every time. :)
My wife would buy herself a new handgun or another Ar15 before buying designer anything lol. You do have a valid point though on the shop rate!

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Well I guess if she bought a barrel magazine for her AR-15 it would kind of look like a purse. LOL

·
C10H20
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well I guess if she bought a barrel magazine for her AR-15 it would kind of look like a purse. LOL
Wrap the mag with a fabric that has zippers and you might have something there

1 - 15 of 15 Posts