Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you guys ever repainted or refinished your tow mirors?? mine are fading a little and was wondering if you could wet sand them, clean them and then repaint them??? anybody done this or have some input on this??

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
might try that Krylon Fusion paint thats supposed to adhere to paint on the molecular level.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I love Krylon Fusion on plastic! I'm gonna do my mirrors soon!
does this mean you finally got tow mirrors??? There is no way you would be painting those little Nemo flaps would you??? :poke:

LOL

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
LOL

so your painting them orange and white??? :poke:

if they come out like the glove box door, should look good.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should sand these down at all before i paint them?? so the paint will adhere to them???

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I would sand them down to get rid of the dimples and texture and such, unless you want them to remain with the texture. I had started doing this on my tailgate handle and 200grit seemed to be a good start to knock them down and then from there can go up to 400 and then maybe wetsand them, or just prime sand and paint

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
LOL thanks for catching that Jap, I think you should paint the Nemo mirrors orange and white LOL, gald to see everyone catching on to that phrase. Now to the OP, i would take some mean grean and a scrub brush to clean them up really good, then soap and water, and then you should be alright to paint, i would leave the textured look, but its your truck do what you want.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts