Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gotta do some touch ups on my 97, and can't seem to find the right color asides from in duplicolor spray cans. If I were touching up a scratching and blending it out, that would be ok, but were repainting the whole bed basically. I can paint quite well, so I'm not going to spend five grand to have someone do it, but I need to know where to get the paint. If any one has any idea lemme know. Thanks

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Gotta do some touch ups on my 97, and can't seem to find the right color asides from in duplicolor spray cans. If I were touching up a scratching and blending it out, that would be ok, but were repainting the whole bed basically. I can paint quite well, so I'm not going to spend five grand to have someone do it, but I need to know where to get the paint. If any one has any idea lemme know. Thanks
Your local Auto body suppy:doh:

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
go to napa. ask someone there who cares about life somewhat to help you. bring your paint code in with you. an employee will have to call there DC to get it mixed. the DC will mix the paint and ship it via shuttle service to your local store. make sure you get all necessary products that you will need for spraying BC/CC, AE witch ever you choose. may be best to talk directly to the paint guy at the DC.

if they say it cant be done, IT CAN. they just dont want the hassle. ask for a manager. i worked at napa for 7 years and mixed paint in store for 5. this is the route we would take when we had to mix odd ball 3 stage colors. DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
go to napa. ask someone there who cares about life somewhat to help you. bring your paint code in with you. an employee will have to call there DC to get it mixed. the DC will mix the paint and ship it via shuttle service to your local store. make sure you get all necessary products that you will need for spraying BC/CC, AE witch ever you choose. may be best to talk directly to the paint guy at the DC.

if they say it cant be done, IT CAN. they just dont want the hassle. ask for a manager. i worked at napa for 7 years and mixed paint in store for 5. this is the route we would take when we had to mix odd ball 3 stage colors. DONT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER
I'll have to see what happens with this route. Thanks for the help!

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
We don't have a paint shop. We have napa, and O'Riley's.
Well they are NOT body shop supply houses. FIND ONE. Where do you think the body shop gets it's paint from:doh:

And for someone that "can paint quite well", you would think you would know where to buy paint:pointlaugh:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well they are NOT body shop supply houses. FIND ONE. Where do you think the body shop gets it's paint from:doh:

And for someone that "can paint quite well", you would think you would know where to buy paint:pointlaugh:
Yes, I know they aren't body shop supply stores. I never said they were. As I said, they're aren't any in my area. We live in the country. And I would know where to buy paint if there was a place to buy it, but there isn't in my area, which Is why I was asking the damn question. And the place the body shop gets there paint from is only allowed to distribute to body shops, and stores. I cannot purchase directly from the manufacturer. If all our gonna do is make smart ass comments and question my abilities just GTFO. I don't need to prove myself to anyone.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Body shops do NOT buy from the manufacture. Do a SEARCH in your area

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Body shops do NOT buy from the manufacture. Do a SEARCH in your area
Again, I never said that. You seem to keep putting words in my mouth. I said the body shops buy from a place that can ONLY DISTRIBUTE TO BODY SHOPS AND AUTO STORES. Then, I said I CANNOT BUY DIRECTLY FROM THE MANUFACTUROR. Not, "the boy shops buy directly from the manufacturer"

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
It really can't be that hard to find paint? Obviously you must have experience painting if you "paint quite well" so where have you gotten paint before?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
It really can't be that hard to find paint? Obviously you must have experience painting if you "paint quite well" so where have you gotten paint before?
WEL the last three cars I've painted have been for family friends who already had the paint. And the tractors I've been painting lately at our neighbors farm, all the paint was purchased at the tractor dealership. Living in the country, the nearest town is a very small farming town, and they don't have alot of things like a menards, lowes or what have you, or an auto body supply shop.

·
this $hit is expensive!
534 Posts
Call up the family friends and ask where they got their paint.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts