Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to remover the backwindow and windshield?
Im gonna be painting the truck soon, Just wondering if anyone has removed them befour?

Thanks

·
Registered
120 Posts
you have to cut the windshield out and the back glass is just mounted in rubber you just have to work it out of the rubber

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
you have to cut the windshield out and the back glass is just mounted in rubber you just have to work it out of the rubber

So on the windshield do I just need to run a razor blade or something along it? Also were can you get the stuff to glue it back into place?

On the back window is there a certain direction it comes out? I imagine you pull it out from the back of the cab not threw the cab correct?

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
you need a special tool to remove the windshield, you can make one by sharpening a sawzall blade but you have to be careful with that because you can very easily wreck other things, as for the rear window two screw drivers will work start in one corner and very carefully start prying the window out of the rubber be very careful not to pry too hard the window will break without much warning, and just keep moving along dont try to pry it out all at once from one spot

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok. Ive talked to serval people and some said go ahead and pull them and some said you dont really have to. I may just pull the back one out I havent decided yet

·
Registered
292 Posts
i just recently had my front windsheild replaced because of a crack. When the guy was removing mine it cracked all to pieces along the edges were he used his tool to cut the glue and seperate it. He may have been rough on it because it was being replaced but it still took him a little while and didnt look to easy.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just recently had my front windsheild replaced because of a crack. When the guy was removing mine it cracked all to pieces along the edges were he used his tool to cut the glue and seperate it. He may have been rough on it because it was being replaced but it still took him a little while and didnt look to easy.
Yeah the more I think about it im gonna just leave the windshield in and tape off carefully around the roof. But I think im still gonna take the back window out theres a lot more area around it that youll see quite a bit and I dont want the paint to start to peel up around it in a few years

1 - 8 of 8 Posts