Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what yould you suggest to take it off of both paint and chrome or stainless. my truck has collected alot of it over the summer, mostly on the exhaust tip and bumpers but there is some on the lower body as well, something i could get locally would be prefered but im open to anything reasonably priced
thanks guys

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well it did a real good job but theres still some crap really stuck on there, i used some bleach white tire cleaner and that took like 95% off but still not perfect.
what else?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
you can try goo gone just be sure to wash and problaly wax afterward

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got the last off of the body, the wd did the trick, now im stuck on the tip. its giving me a hard time

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
i use amonia and water mix more amonia if its hard to come off and scrub it really hard. its super cheap my father in law showed me that he used to detail for a living.

·
<--501cc,should b 540 : /
689 Posts
Have you tryed Xylene? Its can be found near paint/laquer thinner at hardware and auto parts stores. I had some sort of tar mess on the floor of my shop I scraped the majority of it off then the xylene dissolved what was left very quickly. I havent used if for your application, but I bet it will work, its heavy duty stuff, it can reconstitute spray paint, so be careful with it

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i will try that, i only have an issue on my exhaust tip. it shouldnt hurt the stainless. but ill make sure to keep it off anything painted

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
I soak a rag in Diesel fuel or Kerosene and hold it on the tar. After a couple seconds it wipes right off.

·
Old Yeller, REBORN
2,284 Posts
I use a product called Tarminator by Stoner. Works well on all surfaces and I give it a nice coat of wax once the grime is gone.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i used the diesel fuel, took it right off, thanks guys quick coat of polish and it looks new

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Ether (Starter Fluid) We use it on everything at work, Chrome, Stainless, Paint, Leather, Vynil.. We usually condition the leather afterwards just to be on the safe side but we havent ever had any problems with cracks.. Knock on wood.. We use it for tar, oil, and grease mainly but cleans pretty much everything

1 - 16 of 16 Posts