Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i my dpf/cat delete pipe came today and my black maxx should be here monday. i was just wondering how hard it is to remove the dpf? or should i let a professional do it?

·
< Can I drive?!
1,627 Posts
probably wont find a pro who will touch it due to laws unless you go to diesel shop or something of that sort

·
Registered
423 Posts
Spray your sensors with PB Blaster and the bolts that hold it together a few days prior to removing it and its a pretty easy job. You can do it alone but an extra set of hands makes it that much easier

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
Spray your sensors with PB Blaster and the bolts that hold it together a few days prior to removing it and its a pretty easy job. You can do it alone but an extra set of hands makes it that much easier
DOn't wait (a few days) spray them wait a while depending if you drove the truck they should come right out. if the truck is new, then they are easy. if the truck has a few miles on it, then they might be tight. best advice! unplug the sensors, and take the whole pipe out first just becareful the sensors are not cheap from Ford.

·
Registered
429 Posts
It really isn't that hard, me and a buddy did his in my driveway!! Like was said, don't break the sensors and you'll be fine!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well me and my buddy planned on doin it. trucks got 17k miles on it so bolts might be a little tight but were gonna get it off. thanks guys

·
Registered
429 Posts
WD-40 is your friend when is comes to the exhaust hangers!! It will make the job easier!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what kinda time frame you think were lookin at? i have trouble gettin off work so i was gonna try to say i had a doctors appointment but i wasn't sure if this was an all day thing or what.

·
<-MONEY PITT!!
1,308 Posts
Couple hours

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
im pretty good at doing them...it took me (by my self) 45 min. to drop dpf/cat and put in piping.
i take the dpf/cat off in one piece.

·
Registered
429 Posts
im pretty good at doing them...it took me (by my self) 45 min. to drop dpf/cat and put in piping.
i take the dpf/cat off in one piece.
Yeah that's how we took the one out of my truck too, one piece. The only trouble we has was taking the stock exhaust out of the rubber hangers. My truck had almost 45000miles on it when we did it thou.

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
Yeah that's how we took the one out of my truck too, one piece. The only trouble we has was taking the stock exhaust out of the rubber hangers. My truck had almost 45000miles on it when we did it thou.

i found it easier to just unbolt the hanger itself, lol, all of em!!!
i also take the front skid plate off

edit: another good thing is that he has the h&s, so he doesnt have to disconnect the sensors!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts