Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont like the look nor how low the skid plat and side covers hang down. The tank itself is probably around 5 inches higher and I think removing them would clean up the look from the driver side. Besides protecting the tank from puncture I dont think they play a purpose correct? My trucks driven on the street 99.9% of the time and on sand or gravel roads the rest so im not worried about puncture all too much

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Wonder if aftermarket tanks manufacturers make use of that space to make the tank bigger? Or is there a different Ford truck model that fills the whole area up with a larger tank? Just seems odd that there's any room at all because there's almost zero space between my skid plate and the tank.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
33,162 Posts
Titan sells an optional skid plate for their replacement tanks but it's just another layer of the same material for the underside

my OEM also had a side shield I could see a u-joint failure maybe spiting parts that way ??

as far as removing the shield for looks ? i would be less likely to go for it if it wasn't Diesel but it is:eek:

the only time I ever almost popped a tank in any vehicle wasa stock height truck at the landfill I backed over a bar and it tried to flip up and impale my tank

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
I've wrecked more tires going to the landfill then I can count. Once I came home to see a three foot piece of thread 3/8" bar sticking out my rear fender, wasn't impressed with that.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts