Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any easy way to remove the front dash cupholder? Was just messing with it for an hour and the two upside down bolts on the inside of the dash are damned near impossible to get any socket, wrench or tool on and even if you could the room needed for a little leverage needed to torque the damn things is not there...wondering if theres some secret to this

·
Registered
183 Posts
if ya pull hard enough it should just come right out mine does. then theres 4 screws that hold the bracket in 2 on the top and 2 out in the front

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ya its the two on the top that I couldn't get at for the life of me...gave the tray a pretty good yank but didn't want to bust it...guess if i got that out of the way the two screws at the top would be accessible...

·
Super Hauler!
3,882 Posts
bring it all the way out and then tug there are 2 clips on the inside that need to be pulled through. You cant get to the screws until you get the holder pulled

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks guys

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I never had any trouble getting the cup holder out, just the 2 bolts on the face and then the 2 on the inside.

Just need to remove the ashtray or trash hook that is below the cupholder and then with 6" or so extension should be able to get up in there and pull the 2 out without much trouble, then the cupholder assembly should pull right out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The bolts don't need to come off. There's two locking clips on each side that need to be pushed in to unlock it. Not the easiest, but that's how I took mine off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
On a '99 F250 super duty 7.3 L:

To get just the plastic part out you can use a screwdriver to either push down the two upper tabs which latch it into the metal frame, or, push up the 2 bottom tabs. Just slide the small screwdriver between the metal and plastic on either side.

To get the whole frame out you need to remove the plastic part as above, then unscrew the two visible bolts from the front [ 5/32" socket. Then unscrew and remove the ashtray frame. Then you can get the same size socket up inside the metal frame to extract the 2 remaining screws from the top of the frame. I got a replacement assembly from Ford and tried to put the new plastic assembly into the old metal frame. No go, too thick. So you have to remove and replace the whole assembly.

JB Mt Shasta

·
Administrator
8,325 Posts
Thanks for the explanation but this thread is 6 years old.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts