Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 2000 F350 w/ 7.3. Truck developed and oil leak that I found was coming from IPR valve. Truck was running great. No issues at all. I removed IPR valve and replaced the thread sealing oring with an oring out of a Caterpillar oring kit. Measured oil ring and was the same size. Reinstalled IPR , checked oil reservior and truck would not start.

Called truck shop and was told needed to reseal IPR with OEM kit. REmoved IPR again and resealed with kit from Ford. Still no start. Remoeved IPR again checked to make sure orings did not get damaged and plunger inside IPR is free.

Any help would be greatly appreciated !!

Oh new member , looking forward to talking to you folks !

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Oil came out with the IPR and may have drained the reservoir. did you check inside the reservoir? Go through all connections again. I've had a couple what seemed like good IPRs just get cranky with they stick a little.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply.

Checked reservoir after I reinstalled each time. Oil is about 3/8" below bottom of threads on plug hole. I have checked connections several times and checked to make sure nothing else was knocked loose. I am bidding on a new IPR valve on ebay now. Like I said truck ran great until I removed valve and reinstalled

·
Registered
182 Posts
pull the ipr seleniod off. not the whole thing just the outer part. plug it back in and set if there is magnetism on the inside. If not, make sure you did noto smash the rubber on the inside of the plug itself, then check to make sure there is voltage to the plug. I just had an ipr that was working perfectly fine, take a crap after removing it and reinstalling it on another pump. Nothing else happened to it. I was told this is fairly common cause the heat makes the windings inside brittle and when moved they have a tendancy to break.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I actually did do that yesterday and coil did have some magnetism not as much has would think it should. I think maybe you are on to something. I just could not for the life of me fiqure out why it worked and 15 minutes later I was dead in the water. Should hav enew onw next week and will let you guys know if that fixed it. THANKS !!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Got new IPR. Had old IPR still is truck. Put new IPR coil on valve and hooked connection back up and truck fired right up. Went ahead and removed Old IPR and installed new IPR. Truck fired right up. Drove around for awhile and ran perfect. Thanks guys for your help!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.