Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My e99 had been run on veggie oil prior to me buying it and I believe there is residue in the fuel system. When I ran some WMO through it, at least one of the injectors hung open and the fuel filter almost completely clogged up.

The filter and injectors were replaced last Friday and the truck ran great, until today. It developed a very slight fuel knock and started smoking a bit at idle.

My thoughts are that there must still be some veggie oil residue in the fuel system and I need to get it out. I cannot afford to keep replacing injectors.

Any thoughts, or opinions on something I could use to dissolve and remove any remaining veggie oil?

·
Keep er shinny side up!
1,624 Posts
Someone will chime in that knows better but if it were me having these issues, I would flush the fuel system out and/or carry spare filters and change when it started bothering. Power Service or an other fuel supplement can't hurt. I hope that you filtered the WMO very very well, if not that could have been your source of trouble. Good luck!

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
The bad news is that there isn't a cleaner in the world that will remove veggie oil poly from the inside of the motor without trashing the motor itself.

The good news is that the situation, if it has been caused by the veggie, isn't likely to get worse. Unless you start running something other than diesel as fuel.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Someone will chime in that knows better but if it were me having these issues, I would flush the fuel system out and/or carry spare filters and change when it started bothering. Power Service or an other fuel supplement can't hurt. I hope that you filtered the WMO very very well, if not that could have been your source of trouble. Good luck!

Thanks for the tips!

I run the WMO through 5 filters and a centrifuge.. I'm kinda anal about filtering!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The good news is that the situation, if it has been caused by the veggie, isn't likely to get worse. Unless you start running something other than diesel as fuel.

That is my problem... I have a steady supply of WMO, and no available source of veggie oil. Now what????

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I am going to move this to the right forum. But anybody running WMO is asking for trouble. Especially the guy asking to get rid of WVO residue, so he can run WMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts