Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanting to put remote start in my truck and was wondering if mine needs the security system bypass. It's a 2001 F-350 6 speed.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Most shops wont put remote start on a man trans it is unsafe if you leave it in gear and start it the truck will take off.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The shop here said they progam it so you have to do a seires of things when you shut the truck off to activate the remote start, (put in reverse, set park brake, put in nuetral, or somthing like that).

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
My buddy had it on his mustang (manual trans) Its a pain in the ass...Everytime you use it, and then go get in the truck you have to go through some gears, put the key in turn it, go through more chit....Its a pain in the a$$...Not worth the effort

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I don't think reverse will help much onm a powered truck...
nuetral helps if you have a good emergancy brake..

but technicaly I would imagine it only has a sensor that reads the
tranny is in park. so by passing it , and the clutch safty should do it...
then again , this will lead to warranty/sfty/insurance liability issues so no big shop will touch it......you may have to have a diy install.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Its possible, there are systems specifically for manuals. The one I've read about most recently requires you to do something similar to: "arm" the remote start, take the key out of the ignition with the engine running and lock the doors. So basically its impossible to take the key out and lock the door with the truck running and in gear.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts