Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking at getting a remote start/ security system on my truck anyone have a reccomendation i know they have to be able to be programed to delay the start time so the glow plugs can light up. are there any real standout systems out there that are reasonable price wise ?

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just got the vipers 4103V from bestbuy. It has great range and goes through any walls that are probably going to be in your way like in the house or say the office. Its only the one way model but my truck starts everytime so I dont have to worry that much. Also if you have a 99-07 superduty parts for the install are only $50 from bestbuy after their "free" installation but I only got the lock/start not the alarm

good luck :ford:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you have any issues with glow plug cycling in the cold im in chicago so its pretty damn cold here lol i do plug it in at night when its gonna get real cold out

·
Registered
205 Posts
I dont have a problem at all but my 6.0 is pretty good in the cold. It says in the manual they are suppose to hook it up to start when the glow plug light goes off but mine is only on for like a second or tww no matter how cold it is so the guy set mine up for 15 seconds which is good enough for now

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mine starts very easy also but im just waiting for the day its -10 and it wont light off and i forget to plug it in

·
Registered
205 Posts
I would have them set the timer higher then more like 25 or 30 seconds to give your plugs a chance to do their job

·
Registered
277 Posts
most of them are made by dei , depending on what phone you have you can set the viper up to start from your phone , avaital makes a good one the 4303 L if i remember right , just be careful with the fancy remote , i have broken 2 of them just from laying down with them in my pocket ..

·
Hood Rich
2,873 Posts
I like my Prestige two way setup, it used to be programmed for 15 seconds, but I made them turn it down to only 10 seconds.... it only should take 10 seconds to start her up... Ive had my truck in the single digits and it starts just fine. but mines a 7.3... 6.0s tend to suck more ass at starting in cold for some reason

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im 7.3 as well

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ur on chitown racing also right ???? im same SN on there also

1 - 11 of 11 Posts