Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Remote door locks are acting funny! Before this morning, the marker lights all around my truck would light up when i lock it remotely with the key fob. & a second time will make it honk also. Normal right?

Well, today it doesn't want to light up or honk :eek: lol but IT DOES LOCK, so i'm not sure if this is something i should be worried about for the future or not. I'd hate to let this slide & shoot myself in the foot later on down the road.

i searched, but i doen't believe i know the correct terminology to accurately search the forums lol!

2006 6.0 psd xlt sclb...

anybody have a clue for me? lol! i'm gonna go check fuses at lunch...

·
Registered
271 Posts
My first guess was that a door(switch) was open. I went outside and tried it on mine. Sure enough when I try to lock it with a door open the lights don't flash. Then my idea was shot down on the second press, the horn will double honk with the door open.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I wasn't sure either. I also just noticed that if I lock it with the door open, the lights don't flash, but when you close the door then they flash.

I looked at the service manual and wiring diagrams. I don't see a fuse that would just take out the horn and light output from the VSM. There is probably something that is keeping the VSM from being happy. The first thing I would do is check for codes in the unit (if you have access to a high level scanner).

·
Registered
204 Posts
thanks for the help charlez! i have a feeling i may need to revisit this thread in the future lol
TURD!!!
I need help with this...So when I first got my truck the lights would flash when I pressed lock. I have an aftermarket viper system though. But a long time ago maybe year or longer ago the lights quit flashing. and i ignored it because it still locked. then the past month or so i noticed that when i open the door on the drivers side the truck makes the beeping/chime sound as if the keys are in the ignition or something. I havnt noticed this before but i know it doesnt do it with the other doors open. is this normal or the door jam switch fault? Also if you recall i did replace the clock spring which has a sensor that goes to the key cylinder in the steering wheel so i think that could be a possibility as well. Do you know if the door jam switch has anything to do with the chiming? Also did you find out if the door jam switch has to do with the lights flashing when locking? My horn horn has never honked when pressing the door lock button on the fob because the viper switch has its own horn that was installed into the truck and it has a different sound and that does still go off when the lock button is pressed....

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hi scott! man i don't know about the chime & the door switch. and i know nothing about alftermarket alarms! but for sure, my truck does not chime at me when i open it unless the lights are on that i can remember... i can try and check later tho

·
Registered
204 Posts
now i'm remembering, it just started working again. i didn' teven make it to start looking into the switches :confused:
ahh yea i decided to do a search on this because here soon ima be replacing the door lock actuator on the passenger side and I did a search for "Door Lock" and saw your thread from way back and I was like man mine does that and I knew you were active on here so I posted on it. Well I will update this thread once I dig more into it. Seems like its always something especially as these trucks get older but its expected... Ima mess with that wire from the clock spring that sits under the key cylinder tumbler. cause i am pretty sure that could be a potential reason cause i know if its not sitting in there right it will chime even with the truck running cause it happened to me.

Oh and lucky for me I will be replacing the horn pad cause it finally got worn out. horn on for 30+ minutes until it blew the fuse. and i know its bad cause when i would just nudge the horn pad ever so slightly the horn would go off until i bumped it again and got the contacts to quit touching. it was embarrassing to say the least.

·
Registered
204 Posts
that happened to me in another truck lol, i over tightened when I reassembled the airbag & pad & it stuck! i had to stop the truck and pop the hood & unplug the horn haha!
so are you saying that i could have just over tightened and its possible i can fix it or should i just pursue replacing it meaning the pad? cause i did have the air bag off doing the clock spring and reinstalled it.

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
whoops sorry, i was talking about a ranger pickup... not sure if if superduty pads hinge like my ranger's does. ... does it have two main hinge screws/bolts (cant remember exactly) that come in from the sides? that's how the ranger was.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts