Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys

so i have a problem that i would like to solve soon and inexpensive...

i need some lights on a remote control so i can see my truck at night, i have power locks, but no FOD. so trying to find the hole with the key makes me look like a dumbass.

i'm thinking a few lights, mayble like mounted inside the mirror housing... LED thin short strip at the bottom of the Top mirror, that little gap there so you really cant see them, run the wires through the mirror tubes into the door... wiring blah blah blah... but having the lights be controlled by a remote controll... like a FOB.

i knew a while back i found a remote controlled Relay, 20Amp i believe and the remote had shoot... 1-300 foot range. more then enough.

anyone done this and can give me some help or idea's? or am i a "spedchial genius"

thanks

-Rob

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Can't you just add an inexpensive alarm system... seems like you could easily hook something up...

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
Put some hair around the hole. Makes it easier to find in the dark.

Seriously though, you can get small LED key fob flashlight or even a little LED light that goes over the key.

Also, if you have power locks, you can get a remote from ford or a cheap aftermarket kit.

·
peterbilt'in
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put some hair around the hole. Makes it easier to find in the dark.

:hehe: LOL

Ford dealership can program a fob for the locks... if theres the transmitter?

XLT package... should have it right?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts