Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I guess this is my first official mod to the new (to me) 2001 7.3 I inherited from my father. previous stock location wiring setup got muffed up in an accident so I decided to re do it and re do it how I felt it should be from the factory and this is what I ended up with:

popped out the driver's side license plate light, enlarged the hole, mounted new electrical components, then replaced the passenger side license plate light with a brighter LED bulb to make up for the loss of the dirver side bulb. All said and done I'm VERY happy with the outcome and peace of mind I wont be dragging the electrical hookup across the ground at creek crossings anymore :D

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Same spot I plan on putting mine after I installed a different hitch just havent gotten around to it yet. Looks good though, now I know what to expect. Thanks.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Plan on doing the same thing, I have the plug off a newer truck with the spring loaded covers for both 4 pin and the 9 pin.
Looks good.

·
Administrator
32,930 Posts
some folks get all finicky and bent out of shape as to what goes where
they even start whole threads bitching about it

but at the end of the day the OP used his judgment on what section to post in and if it's wrong a Moderator will silently relocate it to the proper no big deal section

nice Modification ! I don't mind mine under the bumper with My lift butit sure looks clean up in the bumper

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeeezus I have a 7.3 so I figured I would post in the 7.3 section that most closely resembled what I did (aftermarket)....my bad. Gotta love people who occupy their time worrying about petty crap like this.

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
700hauler, What did you use to widen the hole??

·
Pissed in your Cheerios..
157 Posts
Nevermind! Just finished this mod!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts