Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new user here so forgive me if this is the wrong place. I just brought home an '07 6.0 F-250 with a decent number of aftermarket parts, and being new to owning a diesel and having heard some horror stories about the ol 6.0, I decided to come here and ask y'all some questions. The previous owner gave me a build sheet, (below), and I have some concerns.

BUILD SHEET

Has been deleted/studded. 190/75 Warren Diesel injectors paired with a KC stage 3 turbo puts this truck over 600whp (no dyno sheets). Stock transmission. Truck has an SCT livewire for tuning/monitoring along with pillar gauges for Boost, Fuel Pressure, EGTs. Moto Metal 969s have Toyo Proxes with less than 5k miles.

4" downpipe off the turbo, 5" straight pipe, 8" tip.

Engine was replaced and has approximately 120k miles.

Truck has custom sound system. Upgraded door speakers with a 4 channel amp running to them. 10" sub with an amp large enough to run 2 12's (only amp I had laying around). Double Din Android head unit to run it all.

New parts in the last year:
KC Stage 3 turbo
2 batteries
Up-pipes
Top end gaskets (done with up-pipes)
Ball joints
All related front end steering components other than steering box
Thermostat (mishimoto 200*)
Drilled/slotted front/rear rotors with ceramic pads (Rear still needs installed)

The bad:
Truck has some rust starting on the bottom of the doors
The bed has a front support rusted out, and has typical ohio truck bed rust.
Passenger rear carpet is bad. Easily covered with a floor mat, but worth mentioning to give an accurate description of the truck.
ABS sensor on front drivers side is bad.
Clock spring in the steering wheel is broke, steering wheel controls dont work. (and so the airbag light is on)
Tailgate is dented, but works fine

This being said, my first priority is identifing what else I need to do to ensure maximum reliability and truck health. I do not know what year the new motor is, and though it's not confirmed, that 600+ Rwhp number scares me mostly in terms of the transmission. From the information provided, can anyone tell me where I should start on the road to reliability? The truck will be used as my daily driver, with OCCASIONAL light towing and maybe the occasional stop light launch. Remember, I'm new to diesel so take it easy. I'm willing to learn whatever I can and excited to talk to y'all.

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
Whose tunes are you using?

As far advice mechanical reliability if you hammer on that trans with the big tune you’ll be rebuilding it soon. Trans tuning is very important for life expectancy with big power. Providing everything else was done properly on the engine you should be OK.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The previous owner didn't know what the tunes are, so neither do I. How would I go about finding out the tuning? Would there be any value in upgrading input shafts, etc? Looking to avoid problems from the start. It has SCT Livewire, does that do me any good?

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
If you want true piece of mind then I’d pull the pan and see what kind of junk is in the pan. If it’s considerable and you want to avoid problems from the start pull it and build it with good clutches , converter and upgraded shafts depending on what you are going to do with the power level.

As far as the tuning, I’d start fresh and get custom tunes.

PM me if you want more info. I build these transmissions (and other units) as a side business.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts