Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If im running stock injectors/ stock turbo is a regulated return really worth it? Would I even see a performance increase just from that or would I need bigger injectors to go with it?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
If im running stock injectors/ stock turbo is a regulated return really worth it? Would I even see a performance increase just from that or would I need bigger injectors to go with it?
A regulated return IMO wouldn't be worth it for stock injectors. Have you monitored your fuel pressure at all?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Negative... still need to do the blue spring upgrade as well.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
It's a good upgrade if your planning on injectors later you will not see a performance increase but it is better than the blue spring band-aid. Also it will feed constant pressure to the back of the heads that are usually starved for fuel. If you do purchase a RR I suggest trashing the banjos that come with it and doing the 6.4 banjo upgrade... They don't have check valves in them and the washers are rubber coated less leak prone than the copper ones that come with the kit. The advantage to this kit is being able to adjust your fuel pressure, I believe the stock spring puts out about 54psi... The injectors are happier at around 62psi hope this helps... Oh yeah you can do the ad150 pushing your stock pump and it will keep 190/30's happy the ad150 is much more reliable then the adII 's the difference between the ad150 and the adII is the fuel pressure regulator... Make sense?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So basically if I want to run bigger injectors I will need the regulated return and the air dog pump which replaces the stock pump on the frame rail?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
So basically if I want to run bigger injectors I will need the regulated return and the air dog pump which replaces the stock pump on the frame rail?
Stay far away from the airdog 2, the airdog 100/150 are fine but the airdog 2 craps out constantly, ask me how I know

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Airdog 2 has a built in regulator but it's junk
Airdog 1 does not have a a regulator but it's a good pump
It does not replace your stock pump it pushes fluid into it and removed air water etc. since the ad1 does not have a regulator that's where the RR comes in. The RR also feeds fuel faster with larger lines but the bottom line is your injectors are only going to drop what the are sized for.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright makes sense so if I want bigger injectors I'm looking at probably over 3g's all said and done if I install it myself?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ad150 and sump $715
6.4 banjos and washers $20
RR kit $649
Warren injectors rebuilt 175/30 about 70 rwhp
$1750 with the new solenoid that will stop stiction issues all together
This would be a great towing fuel setup for $3134.00

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
The RR kit is a pain in the ass to install takes two people to do the rear banjos the drivers up pipe has to come loose to get the bolts in and out.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
At some point I will be pulling the cab to fix a head gasket that is leaking externally so I might do it then. What would you recommend for a good performance injector? I do more "hot rodding" than towing.

·
Banned
328 Posts
At some point I will be pulling the cab to fix a head gasket that is leaking externally so I might do it then. What would you recommend for a good performance injector? I do more "hot rodding" than towing.
Depends on what ur trying to accomplish. If u go much bigger then 175/30 u will most definitely have to have a aftermarket fuel system (aeromotive, airdog). What are your plans? Any HP goal?

I ran 175/30s for allmost a year and I loved them.

Im now on 205/75 going to stage 4 turbo had to get built transmission. Havent really had a chance to run these injectors because my transmission took crap like a week after I got them

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I was under the impression that if I made any change in injectors I would have to have the regulated return and airdog. Is there an injector I can run thats better than stock performance wise that wont require fuel system mods? My goal is to just give it a little something extra... everyone with a diesel is running a tune but I would like to take it a step further.

·
Banned
328 Posts
Oh I was under the impression that if I made any change in injectors I would have to have the regulated return and airdog. Is there an injector I can run thats better than stock performance wise that wont require fuel system mods? My goal is to just give it a little something extra... everyone with a diesel is running a tune but I would like to take it a step further.
175/30 I ran on stock fuel system(blue spring) without a regulated retun.

Youll love emm sounds like they will fit your needs

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh thats awesome I can run those injectors on the stock fuel system? How are aftermarket performance injectors reliability wise? And how much more power can I make with those?

·
Registered
128 Posts
175/30 I ran on stock fuel system(blue spring) without a regulated retun.

Youll love emm sounds like they will fit your needs

To add on to you I have been running 190/100s with a RR on a new ford fuel pump only no issues and never see a drop below 62psi... Every one screamed up and down it couldn't be done and it's doing fine for me right now... I bought a new pump bc I didn't know if my 04 pump could handle it but this one is a kickin'

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
A fuel sump will help a pump last longer. You can get away with less pump also since the pump isn't sucking as it does through factory draw straw.

·
Registered
128 Posts
yea sump is in the future.. pretty impressed by the little ford guy... fuel system is on my list of parts to go with me to guam... i have expect it to fail in the two years im over there and i dont want to pay shipping to basically japan lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts