Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question guys..i have carson stauffer fuel system..which ones are the return lines?? the 2 in the back of the heads on each side?? and how much pressure do these lines have going back to the tank?? is it just kinda like gravity fed back or is there a little pressure??like my reulator is set at 60 psi but how much is actually returning to the tank??

·
<- Sums it up
1,739 Posts
The lines that go to the regulator are the return lines. The return line will see verying fuel pressure depending on throttle position/fuel consumption.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok soo the lines inthe back of the heads are actually the feed lines??

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i got 2 lines comings from the rear one goes into a T and splits into 2 lines to the rear and then the other comes into the bottom of the regulator and splits into 2 lines out of it and goes to the front of the heads...

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
I have not seen Carson's kit but:Everything before the reg which includes the lines going into and out of the heads will see the same fuel pressure as the regulator is set to. The actual return to tank line would be from the regulator to the tank. It would see varying pressure depending on fuel usage/ pump flow rate and hose size.

·
6.0 money pit
3,107 Posts
usually it is set up by feeding the front of the heads, comes out of the back of the heads to the reg and out the return line to the tank.

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
carsons feed one front and one back... returns from one rear and one front.

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
Marty,

so he feeds say passenger side from the front and out the back and the drivers side in the back and out the front? Whats the idea behind that? firing order

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i looked and my RR system is set up to feed both heads in the rear, come out the front on both sides and go to the regulator then out the bottom bakc to the tank is exactly how it is set up..

·
Registered
4,865 Posts
thanks. I was thinking maybe Carson could not decide which way was better so did one each way. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
now i cant seem to get my dang dirver side valve pan to seal right..on he bottom side it seems to be sweating oil along the bottom and over time its puttin a drip on the floor

1 - 11 of 11 Posts