Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, found this great forum awhile back and love it! First time posting a question, so here it is. I own 3 2005 f-350's,all are crew cabs, dual rear wheels with utility beds. Been reading a lot about regulated returns for the fuel system. The theory behind them makes a lot of sense but, would it be beneficial to install them on bone-stock trucks? My trucks always have a load on them and are usually pulling a trailer of some sort. Mostly highway driving. Just wondering if they would be worth the investment in my situation. If so, where do you guys recommend purchasing said regulated returns? Thanks in advance for any advice.....

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
I think they are, even in stock applications. You wont be deadheading the system anymore.
Driven Diesel/Strictly Diesel seems to have a good kit.
Do you have the blue spring kit in them?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I agree it has a benefit longer injector life, and no deadhead.
I used a kit from sinister diesel installation is hard and if you do the kit make sure you use ford oem 6.4l banjo bolts in the back side of the head
It's not really going to add performance but the banjos don't have check valve and they have 4 holes instead of 2 to feed the extra fuel and the washes are not a leak prone you can get them from you local dealer for around $20

·
Premium Member
3,409 Posts
For stock trucks my suggestion is a lift pump/filter setup that removes air/water and supplies the HFCM with a steady fuel supply. If the HFCM is weak or the fuel is full of air from sloshing you aren't helping anything with a RR system.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Decisions , decisions.....I have not yet installed the blue springs but, I'm going to. I get the impression, from what I've read, that the AirDog system is the way to go. Am I correct in that assumption?

·
JGman141
859 Posts
Decisions , decisions.....I have not yet installed the blue springs but, I'm going to. I get the impression, from what I've read, that the AirDog system is the way to go. Am I correct in that assumption?
If your talking about the airdog 2 your wrong, that pump is horriable. The airdog 150 is a good pump though.

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
Agreed, AD2 is a crap shoot. Do a search on the forums for AD2 before you think of buying one. I have one which has been very good for me (knock on wood) but I've put the equivalent of $1,500 in work into my fuel system, not including the price of the AD2, plus I have a couple of spares. That's how well I trust it.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
34 Posts
For stock trucks my suggestion is a lift pump/filter setup that removes air/water and supplies the HFCM with a steady fuel supply. If the HFCM is weak or the fuel is full of air from sloshing you aren't helping anything with a RR system.
So HeavyAssault, what lift pump/filter setup would you recommend?

·
'05 Excursion
1,948 Posts
If I was to do it again I'd use a 6.4 pump supplying the 6.0 pump.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Banned
2,444 Posts
He means keeping the 6.0 HFCM and adding a 6.4 lift pump between the tank and 6.0 HFCM.

Sent from my Smart Car

1 - 12 of 12 Posts