Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a fuel bowl delete so I installed the Sinister regulated return system on my 01 7.3, before I installed the system I was getting around 20mpg, now I am getting 13ish. I set the regulator to 68psi. does anyone have it set different to where the mpg is not affected?

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Check your system for leaks, shouldn’t be dropping mileage like that. Swapping to e fuel shouldn’t affect mileage, Perhaps a right foot adjustment is needed...heh heh.
j

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry for the late response, but I have checked everywhere and found no leaks my only other option is injector O rings, which that's the only thing I have not checked. I am getting no fuel in oil or coolant, and with the right foot I dont go over 1000egts and normally cruise around at 5psi of boost, a little bit more now that I straight piped her. I have bought a FASS lift pump that's fully adjustable was goin to try maybe the stock pump is struggling to over come the pressure of the regulator.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How many miles have you put on the truck since you installed the regulated return? When I did Corey's 4 line feed it took awhile for all of the air to bleed through the system.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you checked actual driving psi and not just at idle? Low fuel pressure could be causing it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have you checked actual driving psi and not just at idle? Low fuel pressure could be causing it.
No I have not that's a good idea thank you, I just know when its warm and at idle pressure is set to 68 I will have to check my running pressure with my scanner. Thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
wow that is a drastic drop, I'll be subscribed to this one. have been thinking about this switch over on my 96.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok sorry for the really late reply everyone, so I have been doin so tests and a lot of research, so far found no real evidence of why my fuel MPG went to crap, but I have found a 3 other stories of my same issue. Running psi was right where it needs to be no leaks in the system.
I ran 2 weeks with the regulator set at 50 psi mpg went up a little bit each week, now I am at 40 psi, seams to run a little smoother but i think my stock pump could be gettin weak. The engine acts like it's not getting fuel when i let off the throttle. So will install my FASS lift pump ( bought about 2 months ago) and Run these same tests and let you know the out come.

·
Registered
131 Posts
My thought is maybe u got something in the system and clogged a injector a little .
Or like u said it could be your pump .

·
Registered
55 Posts
I don't have anything helpful but I just don't see losing 7mpg just from doing a regulated return.

You definitely don't want to be running at 40psi though. I can't recall what the specs are but it's over 50PSi. 60-70 is preferred but each truck likes a little bit different setting too from what i have heard.

Are you hand calculating your mileage or using the lie-o-meter? are we talking highway mileage, city, mixed?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts