Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought an 04 6.0 and when i went to fill it up i it started filling for a few seconds then it clicked off the pump and fuel started spitting back out the filler neck and got all over the side of my truck and all over the floor. i can fill it up if i pull the trigger on the filler nozzle like half way but that takes forever. the tank was at an 1/8 of a tank when i first tried it and the gas gauge works. has anyone ever heard of this issue???

·
"Miss me yet" George Bush
317 Posts
Look up the "HARPOON MOD" tou will have to take the tank off to do it but it's not bad so long as the tank is empty when you start. I can fill mine to full everytime now with no issues.

·
Down N' Out
546 Posts
My trans am used to do that... I just never let it get below a quarter of a tank and I was fine.... I know that's no help... but just a way to keep it from doin' it.... Knock on wood, no issues with the truck fillin up yet....

·
Lookin for Operating Job
234 Posts
Did you have the nozzle put all the way in. If so try pullin it out a little bit. I have an 08 at work that I cant put the nozzle all the way in or it just cuts off. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Are you using the tractor pump (large nozzel) or a standard size. The large one flows a higher gpm than most pickups can handle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts