Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the doom and gloom threads we read at times about our trucks it's nice to see some high mileage trucks at times. I logged onto Auto trader earlier just looking at what was on the market and how many miles were on them. Several 12+ maybe had 250k+ miles and one with 323,825 miles taking the lead.

We all know most all the bad threads are the few selected owners who are having or had issues so they flame away or are just looking for answers to a problem while all the many many drivers without issues are driving and enjoying there 6.4l instead of posting about it.

Feel free to post how many miles you have on the clock of your 6.4l.

120k with normal radiator and egr valve warranty repair within first 60k.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Most of my problems were self induced....at 32k I popped a HG...I attribute this to the tunes I ran and my right foot. At 45k, I popped the slave cylinder on my clutch (which I attribute to running a SB DD 3850). At 46k, I almost certain I got a bad batch of diesel (I was hot shotting and getting low on fuel so I had to stop somewhere I wasn't familiar with and the symptoms started right after that tank) and started getting RP issues. It was getting worse so after a lot of testing (and 14k more miles), I found out my HPFP was on its way out. The truck is under the knife now. I have several mods, but that is all that has ever broken on this truck.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my job1 08 last May with 280K on it, I've done oil changes an alternator, tensioner pulley, and batteries when it got cold out. I have put 40,000km on it since May and idk how I lived with out it before. Oh and I put a downpipe back 5" straight pipe, H&S tuner running the 300HD canned tune on performance and and afe CAI for about 30,000 of those. I love my truck.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad to see your 6.4 is treating you well. Amazing how the thread is getting no good post.

Pretty depressing there isn't anymore good to be said by other owners in almost a week.......

·
Registered
210 Posts
My 6.4 has been great to me so far. Had the starting issue but figured out it was the programmer.

·
Cab on installer
2,150 Posts
160,000kms and zero visits to Ford. Blew the hg's out with nitrous so I put studs in. I've upgraded turbos and injectors and all that stuff but the engine is stock, heads, pistons, rad and any other frequent issue is all stock. I upgraded the trans long ago. This is all on a job 1 truck from 2008. Not all trucks are bad, mine sees temps from -50c - 40c and no issues.

This being said I'm going all out on a build so a new engine is being built now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Had mine for only 5 months, after a 01 that seemed as perfect as they get. I like this 08, its a lot ballsier, and I don't need anymore HP. I just got through with a bad tank of fuel, and a grand in repairs, but wasn't the trucks fault. I'm at 72k, and seriously on the fence. Do I sell it while everything is still in good order, or hold on, perform the appropriate maintenance, and hope for the best. Thinking about a DPF-R and EGR delete... Again, dont need more HP, just a good diesel powered truck that will be good to me if I'm good to it. Are these two measures the first and biggest step to longevity?

·
StRoKeN LOL!
87 Posts
bought mine bone stock with 242k on it an put spartan,exhaust an intake on it an she rips.... as far as previous repairs im not really sure i was told the top end gone through an new injectors an fuel pump replaced , an the carfax is very long as it shows every oil change every 5k since new so it was obviously well taken care of, so i wasnt afraid of the miles

·
Registered
124 Posts
Just clicked over the 201k mark last week. Drive it daily mixed interstate/city. Does real well on fuel for its size...tuned of course! Did my research on it pretty extensively before buying because it had 195k on it then. It's a machine as far as I'm concerned and machines break...so far it has been maintenance only...and last service yielded a very positive outlook from BlackStone...hope it continues!!!

I love my 08 J3!!!!

·
Bryson
14 Posts
188k, only replaced thermostat and the rear end, but the rear end was my fault completely

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
932 Posts
I am willing to bet that many of these trucks over 200k have had a shortblock replaced at least once. I see a lot of these trucks with high mileage but never personally seen one that hasnt had an engine and had over 250k. I'm sure there are plenty of them out there. But this is coming from a guy that has replaced almost close to 100 shortblocks! every time I run an oasis on a truck over 100k... I am surprised to see if it hasnt had major engine repairs under warranty. That being said... I personally own a 6.0 with 280k miles and still has 4 original injectors and got its first oil cooler at 260k. so anything is possible. good luck to all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts