Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got somethign screwwy going on in my driveline. I replaced the rear axle with a newer one out of a 96 with only 80k on it thinking the chipped up ring gear was causing my problem but it was not. The vibration is coming from somewhere else and as best as I can figure it's the T-Case or driveshaft. It usually only does it under acceleration very loud them stops after I let off the pedal. All the U-Joints are new and the transfer case and rear are both full. So I'm figuring a messed up driveshaft or something goofy in the transfer case. I'm kind of leaning away from a driveshaft issue due to the fact that it quits when I let off the pedal. I figure wether I'm on the pedal or not the shaft is still spinning so it should still vibrate.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yea it also has a 6" lift and is a 92 F-350 4x4

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Have you checked driveline angles?

Is the drive shaft balanced?

Is it just a single U-Joint on the T-Case side, or a Double Cardan?

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a single joint, I'm not sure on the balancing. I got to looking at it earlier and the angle looks a little sharp but it dosen't burn up U-Joints or anything. I've been pondering getting one of those double joints to see if that'd fix it though.

Also thinking of maybe lowering the trans mount alittle to correct it.

·
PSN Pretender
1,926 Posts
Just be sure that the t-case angle matches the pinion angle.

It might be worth having the balance checked on the D-shaft before you start throwing money a it.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah threw $400 at a rear and not the problem. It's a stock driveshaft and a 6" lift anyone else having this problem?

I'm wondering now if it's something fed up in the tranny or T-Case. I'm sure a new tranny mount wouldn't hurt it so I'm gonna do that just to see if it gets better. I know it's getting spongy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts