Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a red w/yellow stripe wire on the top of the engine behind the AC that is just floating around... it looks like it has a receiving plug style and it is 90 degree style. i cant seem to find anything close to it that it would plug into... ill upload a pic if anyone can identify it or just knows what im talking about... I was going to wait for my buddy to come back with my pickups twin so i can see what his connects to... thanks in advance if you understand what wire im talking about.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
If the body of the plug is square, it's for the fuel bowl heater. And if it's like most, it's unplugged because the heater element is bad.

Dave

·
Registered
345 Posts
If the body of the plug is square, it's for the fuel bowl heater. And if it's like most, it's unplugged because the heater element is bad.

Dave
He is refering to the intermediate plug in this pic, the upper= fuel restrictor sensor, the middle= fuel heather element and the bottom= water in fuel sensor

Attachments

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it must be the heater or the water sensor... i just havent gotten to take a peak that low... i couldnt see it on my buddies since he has that plastic crap covering all of it... thanks for the Pics! but ill just have to get it in the schools shop so i can get my shoplight and tools in there... thanks again for all of the help

·
Registered
345 Posts
it must be the heater or the water sensor... i just havent gotten to take a peak that low... i couldnt see it on my buddies since he has that plastic crap covering all of it... thanks for the Pics! but ill just have to get it in the schools shop so i can get my shoplight and tools in there... thanks again for all of the help
Let us know when you figured out, OK?

·
SC Ranch
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its my water in fuel sensor... lol! i just got to see the pic again and its the lowest one because i can see the fuel restriction and thats it... i should plug it back in but its like trying to drive through a blizzard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts