Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
STILL LEARNING
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My best friend an I just flew from Jersey to Texas last monday to look at/buy him a truck. I found it on EBAY as a buy it now but it is a little hard to spend 20k+ on truck that you see in pictures. So we flew down monday and it was what the guy promised. The only issue, which the guy was not even aware of was the truck had 3 brand new 265 UNIROYAL tigerpaw HD tires and one 245 Tigerpaw cross country. On top of it being the wrong size it was a P rated tire. So the dealer was willing to take 200 of for the incorrect tire and swap the spare onto the truck to drive it home. While we were at the tire shop getting the tire moved, the tire guy is like" these stock chrome rims look like hell, you need Lariat wheels". And wouldnt you know it, he had a perfect set there. He took the stock chromes on a trade and the Lariat wheels were 200. The dealer told the tire guy to just put everything on his account and that we would pay for the differce at the dealership. The truck was 20,500 - 200 for the one wrong tire = 20,300. Then + the 200 for the lariat wheels put it back at 20,500. Some how the dealer got his numbers messed up and we only paid 20,300. We got the lariat wheels for FREE!!!!.

Well anyway. It is an 03 CCSB 7.3 6spd 85k 2 owner texas truck. It only had two car door dings in the whole truck. And I cannot get over how clean and RUST FREE texas trucks are!! 0222101628a.jpg

Well we drove monday night from Bonham TX up to Vinita OK (253 miles)and got a hotel for thee night. We then continued to Liberty Illinois(386 miles) to visit a friend while were were on the road. We stayed tues and wed, then drove back to Jersey(964 miles) thurs. It was a good road trip without any problems other than hitting some snow in PA on our way home. So much for a rust free truck:mad: But i would fly back to texas tomorrow to buy another

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Good to hear.

·
Registered
115 Posts
good lookin truck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts