Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought an 04 f250 and the dealership replaced something for the power steering. The other day there was quite a bit of red fluid in the driver side frame rail and leaf springs, im assuming its from the power steering because its red too. Could it be from the hydroboost and master cylinder? It looks like some fluid is coming from there but not sure.. thanks

·
EA - Eggfarts Anonymous!
18,844 Posts
welcome to the forum! they might have purged the air through the hydroboost and made a mess...depending on what they actually had to do... that's my guess.
might as well clean it up best you can, and then keep an eye on it to be sure its just spillage and not a leak or something

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
It can come from several places the fords are bad about spraying fluid out the cap if u turn the wheel with out the vehicle running. I agree clean everything off really good. and turn the steering lock to lock several times if there is a leak it will show its self.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank yall for the replies, it looks like the leak is coming from the hydroboost and the master cylinder (where they bolt together) the fluid is dripping from the leaf spring quite a bit. I think i found a solution if it is the hydroboost, it might be a bad seal inside. Will have to check this weekend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The steering wheel isnt hard to turn so im going to clean as much as i can of the excess fluid and hope that the dealership just made a huge mess and theres no leak afterall, im staffing at a scout camp 2 hours from where i live and will be there for a month so i dont want anything to brake while im out there.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems to be the most wet on the plastic wheel well right under the hydroboost, im 90% sure thats where the leak is coming from, that yall for the replies! For sure going to bring so fluid just in case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts