Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have been reading and reading about upgrading my lights. I have considered new bulbs but I loved HIDs on a different vehicle. I have been looking at the Recons but they are not HID and if you upgrade the warranty is shot. Any one else been through this before and have any tips.

I like the retro kit, but how does it work with the factory housings? The HIDs I have seen have a different housing then for a normal bulb.

thanks
micky

·
Registered
75 Posts
Go with the retro kit. They are plug and play and easy to install. Only thing I had to do was adjust the lights down a bit but they are bright as heck. Thanks Retro!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Dont get recons. Dont get me wrong when they work they work great but they go out alot so in the long run i dont think their really worth it

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Thank god the only recon product on my truck are the mirror lights... and even those don't work half the damn time. Go retro's.

·
Super Sparky
1,225 Posts
X2 on avoiding Recon. The only way I could get my Recon mirror marker lights to work was to put dielectric grease into the connections.

·
nobody likes a quitter
447 Posts
Dont get recons. Dont get me wrong when they work they work great but they go out alot so in the long run i dont think their really worth it
^ I totally agree.

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i wouldn't piss in your boot to own another recon product, my clearance light lenses are cracking and the led's in my turn signals on mirror are quitting on me.... not exactly worth the 140$ i've spent

·
Registered
668 Posts
i second gettin HIDs they are amazing. i have visionpro brand in mine and they use stock housing and are plug and play with lifetime warranty. well worth the 100 bucks hahaha. as for recon sounds like ya should stay away!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts