Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to the site and looking for ideas/suggestions for my 2006 F-250 6.0 FX4. My truck has 349,000 miles with #3 cylinder dead due to the lifters. The only repairs needed on it has been the high pressure oil pump, EGR valve, and the Fuel module control unit. No other issues until now with the #3 cylinder lifters. I really do not want to by a new truck right now so I'm thinking about an engine/transmission rebuild. Would this be throwing money away or something to conciser.

·
Native Texan
9,024 Posts
First :welcome: to the nation. Second is the 6.0l can be a great motor it just needs a little love. the original motors built by international never had an egr as they were designed for trucks like what fedex uses. we have one in our ambulance fleet that all we did was remove the cooler and I left the egr valve in place it sets a performance code but does not turn on check engine light. It is approaching 200,000 miles as an ambulance and will be going well past 200,000 before it goes away next year. So depending on the money you want to spend you can build a truck that can last as long as you keep up your maintenance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts