Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one tried to rebuild 7.3 injectors just wondering because i have some extra ones to play with i really just want to pull them apart to see how they work if anyone knows how to tear them down let me know

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The issue with separating the injector halves is grabbing the holes in the fuel half of the assembly. You can do what the diy kit does (take a couple of pieces of 1/2" box tubing w/ welded pins that insert into 2 of the fuel holes and grab with a vise rightside up, unthreading the oil half) or have a professional socket that grabs the fuel holes and does them upside down with the inj in a vise on the oil end. The socket is used with a torque wrench and was waay bitchin.

IIRC, the halves are torqued at about 75 lbs. It needs to be right to insure the internal components are compressed against each other correctly.

The DIY experience taught me a lot about the inside of an injector, but dont know if I'd play with them again-- I'd just let the guys who deal with them everyday (and have the right tools) handle it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I dont have the injectors anymore i sold them but that is how I thought It came apart thanks for the incite is there any places that sell the DIY kits? everywhere i have looked they stopped selling them

·
Premium Member
15,561 Posts
The DIY kits were ended due to too many customers either messing up or getting in over their head and then sending them to rosewood to have Jim fix em

1 - 6 of 6 Posts